Sotheby's International Realty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.3

Wheel Chair Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I don't recommend this company in the Charlotte location. Very unprofessional. Worst place I've ever worked.Employees appeared to be running the company. Supervisor comes in the middle of the day and doesn't address issues or anything. Just there for a check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

Private Client Account Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty (East Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke over 3 days to 3 levels of management, ranging from branch manager for specific location then 2 people in the private banking hierarchy. They described the Private Banking quest as a sales position to win new clients with a quota required that would increase with my experience. I would be given a few clients initially but my main job would be togointo the community and find new clients.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience. What earnings did I bring to my last company
      What brokerage licenses did I have.
      This turned out to be a sales job.
      They asked me how I felt about rejection. what were the questions I would typically ask peopke that I wanted to become my clients. What kind of networking I was prepared to do
      1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

Initially contacted by HR through the parent company Realogy I was then asked back for 3 separate interviews with both corporate and regional market leaders. My last interview was with two office managers - both of which were about 1/2 hour late. After this interview I was never contacted about the position. During the last interview I was surprised by the lack of understanding about the marketing manager job description...it seemed unclear to the regional management and we spent close to 3 hours vetting possible marketing ideas to combat increased competition from other companies. I felt pressed to provide an entire marketing program without budget parameters or job responsibilities. This seemed outside of the scope of the original job description I applied for online. I submitted some suggestions about the job and they actually used my ideas in their "new" job description. This seemed just a bit unprofessional and felt a bit shady. Personally I would steer clear of this company if you are looking for a long term professional career move. Not so impressed. At the very least it would have been polite to send a rejection letter to a candidate who had invested so much time. Pretty bad and forgot to mention the salary is low. Good luck hiring top talent and keeping them for your salary range.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Professional, Well run, great questions- more laid back- they want to get to know you as a person not simply a "job filler". I spent about 90 minutes with the interviewer, who happened to be the co-owner of all 8 locations (which I did not know beforehand) he was a great interviewer, very open about the company, very candid and much more concerned with company fit and future potential than actual experience

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5, 10 years   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty (New York, NY).

Interview

We exchanged emails and phone calls in a conversational way. The questions asked were mainly about my past experience. I could provide further information about my cv as questions and comments came in our conversation.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked about my resume   1 Answer

Front Desk Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty (Mill Valley, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Referred by a friend, interview was fairly easy. I was given a very simple spreadsheet to fill in and found a few mistakes I corrected. Because I was referred the interview was just a formality. Nice place to work.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief. Simple. Dressy casual. Reviewed resume. Took about 30 minutes. One on one. Asked a few questions. Reviewed my resume. Pleasant conversation. Did not take long to hire me.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty.

Interview

I responded to a blind advertisement in the local newspaper. The job description was fairly accurate to the position that was being interviewed for. A phone interview with the corporate office was followed by an inperson interview with local management. The next step was negotiation with the corporate HR department in regard to salary. A formal contract process was completed by mail prior to start date and followed by a mix of in-person and web based orientation programs for company policy, certifications (ethics, sensitivity, etc), and benefits selections.

Interview Questions

• Why would you opt to take a full time position over continuing to grow your own independent design business?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't a lot of room for negotiation. I made my initial request and they countered with a final and best.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I got the interview through a personal connection. It was straight forward with no really hard questions. Everyone was very nice and there were no questions that were too hard.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sotheby's International Realty (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Get to know Susan Kim and Alan Padley very well. If you dress in a button down were slacks and nice shoes consistently you will get the job. All you have to do is answer calls and smile at the agents. Fill the printers with paper and replace the toner.