SourceMedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Long. Held over 2 separate days with 4-5 30 minute interviews each. Very unorganized, HR was unprofessional, some of the interviewers were rude with no questions prepared and ignoring the interview to email people on their phone.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too challenging because it felt like no one knew what they were hiring for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever. But, I needed a job. Also learned there are no raises, reviews, or promotions ever either.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SourceMedia.

Interview

Great process, spoke with two different people and checked within my history and what I am currently looking for. They asked good questions, gave great representation of the job position, and allowed for me to ask questions about the workings of the office.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

First I applied to the site 5 times. They seem to refresh the same job over and over. Once I had a HR lady call me about my resume submission and was asking me for an interview time. I was on hold for thirty minutes. I ended up calling back and went straight to voicemail.

Interview Questions

• Did you applied for the Account Manager role?   1 Answer
    • How long have you been looking for a job?   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SourceMedia in May 2014.

Interview

I applied as a graduate student still in school without any connections. I came to Washington for a face-to-face interview with an editor and received a job offer soon after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience, a little bit about the tax-exempt bond market.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

not too hard, had several rounds, nothing out of the ordinary
    took a while to hear back but probably about 1-2 weeks
    honestly don't know what else to write, it was a pretty standard interview process (phone screening, writing test, in person interviews) then waited several weeks to hear back from HR

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Collegial and very interested in finding the right person for the job. Met nearly everyone up the organization chart. Impression of the office environment was that it was unusually business-like for publishing company. May not be a comfortable fit for the kinds of "square pegs" that often go into journalism.

Freelance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Spoke with a three people. Everyone was very friendly, and the manager even stopped in to say hi. Interview process was relaxed, everyone seemed to get along. They all took turns asking questions. They questioned me about my skills, and asked personal questions about lifestyle, to see how I would fit into their culture. They described the job, it seemed like they were trying to gauge my interest in the role. Ended the interview saying that they would get in touch. They did within the week.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with the department manager. I was actually not selected but a few month later they called me back and said if I still was interested in the job.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I meet with HR and with management the same day on a Wed. and was made an offer by Friday. I think it depends on the position you are applying for. Now, being here I have seen longer interview processes. I would say overall the process is average.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing was a proof reading test. This was the first time through multiple interviews I was asked to complete a proof reading test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation stage went smoothly. I was able to negotiate, provided my experience and background.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SourceMedia (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Tell me about a situation, behavior type questions. There was a writing test. They did not give me a proper description of what I was going to be doing. So look at the job description carefully on your own otherwise, you might even end up in a different job at the company. Not joking, it almost happened to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation, behavior type questions. There was a writing test. Make sure you interview them too. This will be your new home and make sure you are ready to move in.   Answer Question