SourceMedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SourceMedia Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2016

2.2

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SourceMedia.

Interview

Meeting a few different people on the team. Talking about the job responsibilities and what I would be doing for the company. Asking questions about prior experience and if I had specific experience pertaining to the role.

Interview Questions

• Questions that would be specific to my role   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SourceMedia.

Interview

Great process, spoke with two different people and checked within my history and what I am currently looking for. They asked good questions, gave great representation of the job position, and allowed for me to ask questions about the workings of the office.

Email Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

After an initial phone interview, I had a 2 round on-site interview, first round went well, lasted around an hour. Second round I met 3 more managers, each lasted 15 minutes. The first round interview was fine, but the second interview was horrible. All 3 marketing managers came in unprepared, texting on their phones during the interview, and was clearly waiting for the 15 minutes to pass. When asked about their view of the company's culture and growth opportunity, one of the manager literally told me that there will be no growth within the company and said he doesn't recommend this place.

What's worse was that after 2 weeks the HR called me asking for references. I gave them the references and they called 3 more times asking for it - very unorganized. I asked them what benefits the company offers, and the HR was clueless and couldn't provide any information. After that, I was given an offer, and what's most ridiculous is that they asked me to start working immediately the next day. I clearly stated in all my previous phone and in-person interviews that I am currently working and would need 2 weeks to leave my current job. So I tell them that again and the HR woman said she will call me back the next day. The next day they tell me that if I can't work on the next day they have to rescind the offer. Then I rejected the offer.

In conclusion, the company (HR and the staffs) gave me an impression that they are very unorganized, disrespectful, and completely clueless of what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me your references? Can you give me your references? Can you give me your references? Yes, different people called me asking the same question 3 times.   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

not too hard, had several rounds, nothing out of the ordinary
    took a while to hear back but probably about 1-2 weeks
    honestly don't know what else to write, it was a pretty standard interview process (phone screening, writing test, in person interviews) then waited several weeks to hear back from HR

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I meet with HR and with management the same day on a Wed. and was made an offer by Friday. I think it depends on the position you are applying for. Now, being here I have seen longer interview processes. I would say overall the process is average.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing was a proof reading test. This was the first time through multiple interviews I was asked to complete a proof reading test.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation stage went smoothly. I was able to negotiate, provided my experience and background.

Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SourceMedia.

Interview

I never interviewed. I was hired by boss based on past relationship.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SourceMedia (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Tell me about a situation, behavior type questions. There was a writing test. They did not give me a proper description of what I was going to be doing. So look at the job description carefully on your own otherwise, you might even end up in a different job at the company. Not joking, it almost happened to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation, behavior type questions. There was a writing test. Make sure you interview them too. This will be your new home and make sure you are ready to move in.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY).

Interview

Long. Held over 2 separate days with 4-5 30 minute interviews each. Very unorganized, HR was unprofessional, some of the interviewers were rude with no questions prepared and ignoring the interview to email people on their phone.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too challenging because it felt like no one knew what they were hiring for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation whatsoever. But, I needed a job. Also learned there are no raises, reviews, or promotions ever either.

Freelance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Spoke with a three people. Everyone was very friendly, and the manager even stopped in to say hi. Interview process was relaxed, everyone seemed to get along. They all took turns asking questions. They questioned me about my skills, and asked personal questions about lifestyle, to see how I would fit into their culture. They described the job, it seemed like they were trying to gauge my interest in the role. Ended the interview saying that they would get in touch. They did within the week.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SourceMedia (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Collegial and very interested in finding the right person for the job. Met nearly everyone up the organization chart. Impression of the office environment was that it was unusually business-like for publishing company. May not be a comfortable fit for the kinds of "square pegs" that often go into journalism.