South Carolina Department of Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at South Carolina Department of Health

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at South Carolina Department of Health.

Interview

Takes about two weeks to hear back after application. Takes about a month to hear back after interview. If you are selected, it will take another week to get the actual offer letter.

Health Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at South Carolina Department of Health.

Interview

The interview process was fairly cut and dry. I lived in Houston at the time so initially I had a phone interview. Then I was offered a skype interview with a panel (HR, immediate supervisor, State Program Manager).

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Biggest strength and weakness, my working style.   Answer Question

Interview

It was a round table interview with a few managers, social workers, and higher up disease intervention specialists. They were seated in a panel discussion and took turns asking me about 30 questions about skills, phlebotomy, HIPPA, and role play in certain situations regarding sexually transmitted diseases.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with dangerous areas?   1 Answer

Environmental Health Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at South Carolina Department of Health (Greenville, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed at office by 3 people. Very general questions, interviewers are not allowed to go off script so if there is something important you need to say, don't wait for a prompt. No salary negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Very general questions about experience, interviewers had to stick to generic script for all candidates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Attempted negotiation but state agency unable to allot more money to the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at South Carolina Department of Health (Columbia, SC) in June 2010.

Interview

I first applied and about a month later recieved a call inviting me to interview. I went and interviewed with the manager and another manager. We discussed the job in particular and I was made to take a typing test followed by answering standard interview questions that she warned that they asked all candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this position   1 Answer

I declined because I had accepted another offer not to mention it was aweful...