South Carolina Federal Credit Union Interview Questions | Glassdoor

South Carolina Federal Credit Union Interview Questions

Interviews at South Carolina Federal Credit Union

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at South Carolina Federal Credit Union in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough, especially for this position. An initial phone call to describe the position and expectations, then a couple behavioral assessments. Once those are complete, a computer simulation, in store interview and then a background screening process.

Doing research beforehand, I knew exactly what to expect throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how did you handle it, what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at South Carolina Federal Credit Union in December 2019.

Interview

Great communication and follow-through from the hiring team throughout the whole process. Went through about 5 different stages of interviewing before getting an offer, and then fast-tracked to start 2 weeks later. Overall very happy.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult member and helped them to leave happier   Answer Question

Jan 13, 2020 – Human Resources Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the interview process. Happy to hear you received and accepted an offer of employment! Without knowing your identity, it's hard to say why your process took longer than others. Typically, our Financial Service Rep process takes about 2 weeks. Perhaps you applied for a role that was not yet available or for a position for which there was internal interest. Either way, we're glad you were patient and ultimately decided to join our team. Welcome to the family!

Call Center Agent Interview

Interview

First there was the intial interview. Then afterwards, I was sent an assimilation test. It was extensive and it took about 2 hours to complete. Once that was finished, I was invited to a face to face interview. Which at that point, I was recommended for a panel interview (over the phone) with the hiring managers. A couple of days later I was offered the job. I then did a background check and drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for South Carolina Federal Credit Union?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of your short-term and long term goals and how can this position help you reach your goals?   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest professional achievement?   Answer Question

Jul 29, 2019 – Human Resources Team

Thank you for providing your feedback. Welcome to Team Blue!

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at South Carolina Federal Credit Union (North Charleston, SC) in July 2019.

Interview

I had a preliminary phone interview with the recruiter. The next step was an in person interview. The interviewer made me feel at ease as I answered his questions. Told me about the culture that I can expect.. friendly , positive, passionate & volunteering.

Interview Questions

• What do I consider my greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Sep 24, 2019 – Human Resources Team

Fantastic feedback! So great to hear you had a smooth experience with our Talent Team. Welcome to the credit union!

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at South Carolina Federal Credit Union (North Charleston, SC) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy to understand. I was able to complete all questions and processes with little to no questions. Overall it was a very good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone you don’t get along with?   Answer Question

Jul 29, 2019 – Human Resources Team

Wonderful feedback! Congratulations and welcome to the family!

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at South Carolina Federal Credit Union (North Charleston, SC) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I felt I had a comfortable conservation and confidence. Mrs. Steinke was easy to communicate with. I was 15 minutes early Mrs. Steinke met with me shortly after I arrived.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for South Carolina Federal Credit Union?   1 Answer

May 29, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Wonderful feedback! Thank you for sharing your experience with other jobseekers. Welcome to the credit union family!

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at South Carolina Federal Credit Union (North Charleston, SC) in December 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, John Dixon, within a few days after applying within was courteous, friendly, and informative. He explained next steps and followed through on point with each step of the interview process. The process was smooth and fast. I am very organized and love structure - the interview process was both!

Interview Questions

• What is it about South Carolina Federal that makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

May 22, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Appreciate you taking a few minutes to tell others about your candidate experience. Thank you!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at South Carolina Federal Credit Union (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

It was thorough and extensive. Involving phone, computer and an in person interview. While I had gone through many 'hoops' I understand the reasons for them. Not only in regards to me being a suitable candidate, as I have a clear understanding of the role and company.

Interview Questions

• Why are leaving your current employer   1 Answer

Dec 7, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thanks so much for sharing your candidate experience with others. It's true that our process is thorough, but it helps us to narrow our search to select only the most qualified applicants to join the team, which ultimately contributes to our 'Best Place to Work' environment. Welcome to the family!

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapin, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at South Carolina Federal Credit Union (Chapin, SC).

Interview

The hiring process of SCFCU is extensive. This tells me they want the “best” candidates to join their company. John Dixon was such a pleasure to speak with. I am thrilled to have this opportunity and to meet team blue!

Interview Questions

• What is most important to you as a leader?   1 Answer

Nov 30, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about your candidate experience. Our process is extensive, but you're right... it's because we want to make sure we're selecting the absolute best people to work here. We can't wait to have you on our team. Welcome!

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at South Carolina Federal Credit Union (North Charleston, SC) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview was a pleasure to participate in. The interviewer was engaged in the interview and was not simply asking questions. It was an enjoyable process with the interviewer taking detailed notes and engaging in conversation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about constructive criticism I had received from previous supervisors.   1 Answer

Nov 30, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Representative

We're glad to hear that the experience was engaging and enjoyable for you. Our Talent Team prides itself on making the process simple and personal for each candidate. Welcome to the credit union family!