South Florida Sun Sentinel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

South Florida Sun Sentinel Interview Questions

2.3

Ad Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Florida Sun Sentinel.

Interview

Short interview but with a great manager. There was nothing that stood out about the interview. I was given a standard tour after the interview so that might be a sign that it went well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you experience in a client facing role.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at South Florida Sun Sentinel.

Interview

Handed in my resume in a job affair. I got director's email showing interest on my work. Scheduled a lunch the next week and met with the director and one stuff who I would be working with. During the lunch, I was asked a lot of questions about my skills, experiences while they explained the position and the working environment. It took them around two weeks to get back to me and asked for a series of further interviews with HR and other managing editors.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working on feature stories? What's your biggest fear working as a journalist? How did you do your previous projects(skills, tools and process)   Answer Question

Event Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Florida Sun Sentinel.

Interview

The interview was pretty brief. I met with the Marketing Manager at FPG and she asked me a few questions about school, past work experience and myself. I got a call back the next day.

Interview Questions

• What classes are you taking at school?
      What would you like to be doing if you got this internship?
      Have you ever done events?   Answer Question

Parenting Magazine Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at South Florida Sun Sentinel (Deerfield Beach, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

total of 2 interviews- one by HR and one by hiring manager. Very informal and lacked detail. Hiring manager seemed overwhelmed and very unorganized

Interview Questions

It didn't feel like the manager knew what she was doing

Swing Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at South Florida Sun Sentinel (Deerfield Beach, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

The Interview was a bit challenging with situational questions that would have you thinking it through on how to answer them. But overall it was not bad. I interviewed here with 4 different people, and each of them were different, 2 were easy and 2 were difficult. They fire a few questions but also allow a comfortable environment for open communication

Interview Questions

• How would you attract the younger market to read the newspaper?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Florida Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview with the Managing Editor and the Section Editor, which was a short, concise interview process. The questions pertained to job history and the role of the job. The overall interview was to see if the Section Editor would like you to work with him. There was not a difficult question, per say. The interview was set in a conversational tone.

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult question was asking. The difficult statement I received was how do you take initiative in the job?   Answer Question

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at South Florida Sun Sentinel (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2008.

Interview

I was asked to stop by for an interview. A week later I was asked to go again to meet and interview with the managing editor. She offered me the position but the pay was very low so I said I would take a few days to think about it. I called back 2 days later and accepted, but was told the position had to be officially open from the HR department. They called me 3 weeks later and asked me to start right away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a lot of room for negotiation. Pay was low but considering the market, it was a good option