South Florida Water Management District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

South Florida Water Management District Interview Questions

3.6

Structure Maintenance Technician - Field Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

First is a phone interview.
    Actual interview in person is a panel with 5 supervisors asking questions from a paper they also hand you. They were very professional. Some were going to be direct supervisors and the others were from other departments.

Technician III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District (West Palm Beach, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

A panel of three interviewed me at the West Palm Beach facility. They were kind and they asked me behavioral questions with low technical profile. Questions were few and I finished in 45 minutes. I had the impression they already had the right candidate.
    After 4 weeks I received an automated email with noreply address to inform that I was not selected for the interview (!). Very unprofessional HR Office.

Interview Questions

• what is the most important quality to you in a good boss?   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

You will be interviewed by a panel of usually 3 to 4 people. They will ask the typical hypothetical questions. It is based on the STAR interview questions. And they will also ask about your background.

Interview Questions

• The questions are based on the STAR system. It is a pretty worthless system because they still hire hire worthless people and pass over good potential employees. The best person at BS will get the job not the most qualified,   Answer Question

Scientific Technician Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District (West Palm Beach, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

I was called a few days after the job closed. It was an interview panel of four and they were nice and cordial. There was no surprises as they were mostly behavioral questions with few Technical details. I just had a feeling that the position was already spoken for.

Interview Questions

• How did you discipline a difficult employee?
      What did you do for leadership and training?
      Answer Question

Senior Engineering Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District (West Palm Beach, FL) in October 2010.

Interview

Had a typical phone interview from the HR recruiter initially. Then, was invited to do a behavior panel interview with four members of staff, one of which was the hiring manager. Typical behavior questions were asked, also asked about previous employment and strengths/weaknesses. Nothing too difficult. Each member of the panel took turns asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with a difficult person or situation and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me the minimum salary and would not negotiate any higher.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2008.

Interview

3 person interview approx 2.5 hours. 1 asked preprinted questions, 1 took notes, 1 observed. Very detailed 2 pages of questions asked to convey specific examples of hypothetical situations such as employee conflicts and how resolved, superior conflicts and how handled, job problem solving, detailed engineering questions on example of equipment sizing with make, model, specifications, performance. Past training additional education, classes, seminars etc.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a conflict with a co worker and how was it resolved/   Answer Question
    • Did you even disagee with a superior and how was it handled?   Answer Question

Section Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District.

Interview

Phone screen and behavior interview questions. Questions are:such as Leadership, Analytical Soultion. Couping, Assertiveness, Communication

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Florida Water Management District in June 2008.

Interview

The interview started with a phone interview asking basic questions about working experiences and education. Then a on site interview for one day starting with a panel of interview with questions about skill, experience, group work, personality, strength, weakness, how to deal with dead line, how to deal with unreasonable management, etc. A lunch, one to one interview was after the panel interview.