Cover image for Southeastern Grocers

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Southeastern Grocers Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 37 of over 37 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

Good Fine Awesome Fantastic The test was good and I will be there in the evening ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Interview Questions
  • Related Useful Approximately Appropriate Umbrella
    Answer Question

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

I didn't feel the interviewers were prepared to hold the interview because they were so busy with work and deadlines. They stated this is a fast paced environment and I appreciated their honesty.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

They did all of the talking. Advised they would have a person to do training, as position was for type of law no experience in. Person did not do any training for the position, as this person did not fully know what they were doing; which made it very difficult.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

I interviewed with a hiring manager for a job and did reasonably well. The interview questions were relatively generic. They said they would notify me of their decision. They ghosted me.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

Talked to HR then Zoom call, one to one. They made a decision very fast. Overall a great experience and they sound like a good company to work for if you have the right skills. I liked the person interviewing me too.

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you to do well and how do you motivate others?

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

Online process with covid, one interview that is about an hour or so but they are very flexible if you have the interview on your lunch break and need to cut it short. Lots of questions but friendly conversation

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize multiple tasks at once and give an example of a time where you had to do so

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers (Jacksonville, FL) in Apr 2020

Interview

first step - human resources screen second step - hiring manager third step - interviews with team. people really care about making sure you're a cultural fit. read up on the company's values.

Interview Questions
  • How did you deal with a disagreement between you and a manager?

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

Fairly quick and easy. Interview questions vary depending on category and team, but all generally centralized around the usual topics. Interview process was straightforward and quick for the most part.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were placed in a difficult situation. How did you handle it and what would you have done differently.

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

Interview was one sided without any opportunity to ask questions. interviewer was late. Not friendly. Interviewer acted as if she didn't want to be there. Overall, won't go to their stores because of the rudeness I experienced.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2019

Interview

Direct application led to multiple in-person interviews with staff, immediate management, and CSIO. Originally scheduled for other interviews but scheduling conflicts on their side prevented. Got to a salary discussion and got ghosted.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Interviews

Southeastern Grocers Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Southeastern Grocers as 62.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.49 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Training and Development and Food Science Technician rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Internship and Digital Marketing roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Southeastern Grocers takes an average of 14 days when considering 36 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Managemenet had the quickest hiring process (on average 3 days), whereas Digital Marketing roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 14 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Southeastern Grocers according to 36 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 21.69%