Southeastern Grocers Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 32 of over 32 interviews

Recruiter10%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

Talked to HR then Zoom call, one to one. They made a decision very fast. Overall a great experience and they sound like a good company to work for if you have the right skills. I liked the person interviewing me too.

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you to do well and how do you motivate others?
    Answer Question

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

Online process with covid, one interview that is about an hour or so but they are very flexible if you have the interview on your lunch break and need to cut it short. Lots of questions but friendly conversation

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize multiple tasks at once and give an example of a time where you had to do so

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

Fairly quick and easy. Interview questions vary depending on category and team, but all generally centralized around the usual topics. Interview process was straightforward and quick for the most part.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you were placed in a difficult situation. How did you handle it and what would you have done differently.

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

Interview was one sided without any opportunity to ask questions. interviewer was late. Not friendly. Interviewer acted as if she didn't want to be there. Overall, won't go to their stores because of the rudeness I experienced.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2019

Interview

Direct application led to multiple in-person interviews with staff, immediate management, and CSIO. Originally scheduled for other interviews but scheduling conflicts on their side prevented. Got to a salary discussion and got ghosted.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers (Tampa, FL) in Apr 2019

Interview

I applied online on the southeast grocer's careers website and received a call within that same week to come in the next day for an interview .a week later I receive a call saying I didn't get the jobs...

Interview Questions
  • the manager wanted to know what hours I was available to work
  • was I reliable and do I have transportation
1 person found this interview helpful

Southeastern Grocers

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers

Interview

Human Resources is first step in process by phone interview. Hour long conversation with research into background. Questions relating to the position and insight into current position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers (Columbia, SC) in Aug 2018

Interview

Friendly; Impressive; Respectful; Shared similar experiences; Meeting took place on time. Manager was prepared and organized. He was friendly, smiling, and conversational which helped me to relax. His questions were in a friendly tone, not stern. He shared similar opinions and experiences (including family). He explained that his assistant manager will ask me questions on store tour and he was friendly and expressed positive attitude.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers (Jacksonville, FL) in Aug 2018

Interview

I interviewed by phone with the internal recruiter. She wanted to move me to the next step, speaking with the hiring manager by phone. We agreed that the interview would take place the following week. Then she asked for a presentation that I could discuss with the hiring manager and she wanted it ASAP. I spent a few hours preparing a deck that I could speak to with the hiring manager and sent it. Unfortunately, no one ever got back to me, even after repeated requests. Advice: do not spend any effort creating presentations for this organization. You could be wasting your time.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southeastern Grocers (Deerfield Beach, FL) in May 2018

Interview

A very basic interview where they mostly asked questions to get a sense of your personality, availability, and salary expectations for the job. After the very simple interview I was offered a position and began the hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • What salary expectations do you have?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Interviews