Southern California Association of Governments Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southern California Association of Governments

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Association of Governments (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

They gave me a call after a month, and then they did a phone interview. After 30 minutes phone interview, they seemed to be satisfied with my performance. Then I was asked to send several maps that i had done in the past. After few days, I got an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• There may be some down time working in SCAG, what would you do?   Answer Question

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern California Association of Governments (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Sent Resume and past projects to a team leader, and got an interview after three weeks. 40 minutes, and two interviewers. They introduced themselves first, and ask me to introduce myself, and then talked about past experience, every detail on the resume.

Research and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Association of Governments (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It took about 2-3 months for the whole process, from the time I submitted my resume online until I got the offer. Questions are fairly easy, mostly your previous experience and also your GIS skills. But depending on the job description, questions might change based on the requirement. Also, they were looking for interns to help with the GIS service, so they also asked about previous experience of working for local jurisdictions.

Budget and Grants Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Association of Governments (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone interview and an initial application. Once candidates were selected we were offered in person interviews. Following the in person interviews I received a call a week later with a job offer. The questions were specifically tailored to the job description so if you see the requirements of the role you can get an idea of their questions.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions pertaining to the job role. Your biggest accomplishment in Budget and Grants. Are you able to use data management systems? Do you have experience with federal policies?   Answer Question

Research and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Association of Governments (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Just one interview. Asked me questions about how to handle difficult situations, GIS experience, and so on.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience in dealing with huge amount of data and when data messed up, what would you do?   Answer Question

Senior Regional Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Association of Governments (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very pleasant and straightforward. Some time after submitting my application form and resume, I was called in for an interview, which was conducted in a panel format with three interviewers who took turns asking questions. The interview took no more than 20 minutes, and I received a call shortly after with an initial offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between different types of performance measures?   Answer Question