Southern California Edison Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern California Edison Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

3.3

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. It was really easy, just study the basic behavioral interview questions. Remember to provide an example with each question. Aka the 'STAR' method. Study that and you'll do great.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time....
    Tell us a time when.....
    Did you ever experience a time when.....
    Why do you want to work for Edison.....
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southern California Edison

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

5 personality questions. 5 technical questions. Pretty basic personality questions. Basic power analysis questions (Apparent Power, Reactive Power). They are looking to see if you are easy to work with. Don't answer something unless you absolutely know what you are talking about (with regards to the technical questions). If you don't know something, let them know but say you are more than willing to relearn the topic. They will then try to help you out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was over Skype. Technical and behavioral questions. Then second interview was more technical than the first. They just kept asking questions over and over pretty quickly. The technical questions were't too difficult. There was a third interview, because out of a huge pool of people only a few get in. The third interview was like the 2nd.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would deal with a power outage.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at career fair, then contacted for phone interview which led to in person interview. In person interview was a group of 3 people asking questions ranging from behavior to technical questions. Even after first interview, recruiter continued to help try and get another position in the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic Power engineering questions, such as Power Factor.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Had first behavioral interview at a conference, had another interview 2 months later. This was more technical, there were 3 interviewers who went round in questioning. Three technical questions and 7 basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What is power factor and how does it relate to the distribution and transmission of electricity

describe how power is generated , transmitted and distributed (name 3 different components used in power generation)

What's the difference between a fuse and a circuit breaker
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I received a first round interview, which was supposed to be conducted over Skype. However, as the video link did not work on the day of the interview, despite working a trial run the day before, the interview was moved to a phone call. I had two interviewers. The interview process was curt and efficient. My interviewers had a set of predetermined questions which they moved through quickly.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experiences working with or enforcing safety precautions?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I applied through their webpage and was contacted by email to schedule a phone screening. Interviewer described the job description and asked about information from resume. Also gave a lot of opportunities to ask questions about the job.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison in June 2015.

Interview

Took them forever to respond. Three people interviewed me. Asked a lot of behavioral questions that are kind of hard to answer. And then we moved on to the technical questions part. They are super easy and straightforward questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Received a call from a university recruiter about a week after I applied online.
    She asked some questions that were on my resume, and went over their job qualifications. She then scheduled for an onsite interview

Application

Interview

Panel Interview consisting of three people.
    Each asked me questions regarding my resume along with personal experiences.
    Took about an hour for the whole process.
    Asked both technical and STAR-related questions.
    Overall a pretty smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you couldn't meet a deadline and what you learned from that experience.   Answer Question