Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

3.3

Consumer Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Emailed by the recruiter without a phone call to set up an in person interview. Interview is a panel interview with 3 individuals. Hiring manager and 2 other core managers. Very structured as each had a printed document with the question and section to write responses. During the interview I was told that all notes I wrote had to be handed over to the manager at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process of how you convinced a person or group of people to follow your recommendation or insights.   Answer Question
    • What was a great problem that you encountered and what were the steps to solve it.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly, on time and professional. Human Resources leaders were polished and strong in their recruitment skills. Screening process was positive also. Job description was clear and HR was open to reviewing skills for other applicable positions on top of the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions requiring specific examples   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online. Took a test. Telephone screening. Face to face interview. Took over three months from beginning to end. Testing was relatively difficult but mainly common sense questions and attention to detail type questions.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple, laid back. interview was at Pomona location and asked behavior questions rather than technical questions. Interview was a panel and a phone school. It was a group of 3 people.

Customer Programs and Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. The first round was a phone call, where I was asked basic behavioral questions like tell me about a time where you had a leadership role and had a conflict, and how was that resolved? It took about 2 weeks for me to get an invitation to the final round interview. This was either done in person, or through Skype if you don't live in the area. The final interview consisted of 30 minutes of more behavioral questions and scenario questions, followed by a 30 minute case study.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I passed the Assessment test Nov 5th in Rosemead Ca and have yet to hear anything from HR regarding an interview =(. The Assessment test was a tad difficult seeing I have yet to work in a call center. But I passed it. Data entry, math and memory is Key.

Project Manager (MPP1) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA).

Interview

Standard Behavioural questions. Panel style. Take notes - the questions are usually multi part. If there is a second round, usually a chance to get to know the team better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have to influence senior management.   Answer Question

Environmental Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Filed application online and was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview that went well. Set up another phone interview with a manager. Went okay, but they weren't looking for someone to help create new environmental safety protocols - only verify compliance with the minimum existing.

Business Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Panel interview. They asks the standard dimensional questions. There are usually 2 or 3 people interviewing you. They allow you to take notes and if you need to skip a question and come back to it you may.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about a time you had to negotiate a difficult situation. What was the situation? What steps did you take to resolve the situation? What would you have done differently? And what was the end result?
      2. Tell us about the most difficult situation you ever had to negotiate. What was the situation? What steps did you take to resolve the situation? What would you have done differently? And what was the end result?

3. Tell us about a time you anticipated a need to change a process in order to meet a client or customer’s needs. What was the situation? How did you communicate any changes and status? What did you learn? What was the end result?
      4. Tell us about a time you recognized a problem with a process before anyone else. What steps did you take to ensure the problem did not occur again? Who did you notify? What would you have done differently? What was the end result?
      5. Tell us about a time you had to explain a technical concept to a client or customer. How did you explain the concept? What did you do to ensure the person understood what you were saying? And what was the end result?
      6. Tell us about a time you had to work in a group to achieve a common goal. What was the situation? What difficulties did you face? How did you promote teamwork? What was your role? And what was the end result?
      7. Tell us about a project you worked on in a group? How did you work with each member of the group? What were some problems you faced? And what was the end result?
      8. Tell us what you believe good customer service is? How do you provide it to your customers or clients? What is important to good customer service?
      9. Tell us about a project that you worked on where you went above and beyond for you customer or client. What was the situation? What did you do to ensure good customer service? What would you have done differently? And what was the end result.
      10. Tell us about a time/projected when you had to gather and analyze complex data from multiple sources to make a decision. How did you gather the data, and from where? When did you decide it was time to make the decision? And what was the end result?
      11. Tell us about a time you had to complete a project with a change in deadline with little or no warning? What did you do to adapt to the change? What challenges did you face? And what was the end result?
      12. Tell us about a time you had to complete multiple projects with competing deadlines. How did you determine each projects priority? What steps did you take to ensure your work was completed on time? What would you have done differently? What was the end result? \
      13. Tell us about time you had to work on a project what required you to complete multiple tasks? What was the situation? How did you prioritize your work? How did you determine high, medium, and low priority? (Or how did you determine priority?) What were some challenges you faced? What was the end result?
      14. Tell us about the computer programs you know. What have you used them for? What documents have you created? What presentations did you perform? What functions did you used within the programs? What analysis did you perform?
      15. Tell us about you experience with the programs Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, CSS, CIS, ext..…? What have you used them for? What documents have you created? What presentations did you perform? What functions did you used within the programs? What analysis did you perform?
      16. Tell us about a time you were asked to divulge confidential information? How did you ensure that you did not divulge. What could you have done differently and why? What did you learn?
      17. Tell us about a time you inadvertently divulged confidential information? What did you do to correct the problem? Who did you notify of the situation? What could you have done differently and why? What did you learn?
      18. Working in this department you are often required to develop documents. Tell us about what is important to having an accurate and concise document. How do you gather the information, and from where? What do you do to ensure you work is accurate and error free?
      19. Tell us about a time you had to influence a peer, team member to accept you recommendation. How did you influence them? What techniques did you use? How did you prepare? How did you get them to agree with your position? What was the end result? I
      20. Tell us how you identify client and stakeholder needs. How do you determine the appropriate level of communications and the medium you use for it?
      21. Tell us about your strategy on how you ensure customer service excellence in your group. How do you ensure you client’s needs are met?
      Answer Question

Senior Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

First there's a phone and then there are two - three in person interviews. They use behavior based questions and everyone from the security person at the front desk to the people you meet on the elevator seem genuinely happy to be at work.

Interview Questions

• Why Southern California Edison?   1 Answer