Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

SCE came onto our campus for our fall career fair. After talking with them and learning more about the company, I submitted my resume and cover letter and got an email two weeks later for a skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Wheres one instance where you acknowledged safety in your work?   Answer Question

Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume on June 7th. A few weeks later, I received an email invitation to do the customer test on June 27th. Testing is easy if you know basic math and have worked in a call center before. After, they let you know if you've passed or fail. If you pass, you meet with HR and they invite you to a panel interview on July 11th. Interview was with 5 managers, separately. All behavioral questions. Then they say results will be expected in 2 weeks. I waited until August 16th to be emailed that I wasn't a successful candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you ran into a difficult situation and how you solved it   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Rep1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from an agency called me with regards to my resume that he came across a job site. Job description, wage and expectations were clearly explained. I passed the phone screening and my application was submitted to SCE for possible in-person interview. After 4 days, agency recruiter called me and said that I was selected for an in-person interview the following week. The interview was very professional. It was a panel of 2 interviewers. The questions were printed on a paper where you read it and answer out loud while the interviewers take down notes of your answer. There were 5 or 6 questions. The interview lasted for 25 minutes. It went very well. I feel very positive about the interview. The interviewer told me that I'm going to hear something from them the following week. Almost 2 weeks past, no update from the agency. I called and emailed them but no response. Luckily, I got a hold of the recruiter from the agency and I asked if there are any updates whatsoever about the interview. He said that SCE never contacted/emailed them about my application but he feels I didnt get the job cause it's been awhile. He actually checked the SCE portal and really no updates under my name. I think they should be more professional. Applicants always need any kind of updates good or bad. They need to update their portal in a timely manner and communication should be improved between agency and their company.

Interview Questions

• If given an offer, how can you guarantee that accuracy and quality are met for this job?   2 Answers

Consumer Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Emailed by the recruiter without a phone call to set up an in person interview. Interview is a panel interview with 3 individuals. Hiring manager and 2 other core managers. Very structured as each had a printed document with the question and section to write responses. During the interview I was told that all notes I wrote had to be handed over to the manager at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process of how you convinced a person or group of people to follow your recommendation or insights.   Answer Question
    • What was a great problem that you encountered and what were the steps to solve it.   Answer Question

Substation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. I submitted my application online and HR called me for an interview about a week later. The process was fairly quick. I submitted my application online and HR called me for an interview about a week later. The process was fairly quick. I submitted my application online and HR called me for an interview about a week later.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly, on time and professional. Human Resources leaders were polished and strong in their recruitment skills. Screening process was positive also. Job description was clear and HR was open to reviewing skills for other applicable positions on top of the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions requiring specific examples   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online. Took a test. Telephone screening. Face to face interview. Took over three months from beginning to end. Testing was relatively difficult but mainly common sense questions and attention to detail type questions.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple, laid back. interview was at Pomona location and asked behavior questions rather than technical questions. Interview was a panel and a phone school. It was a group of 3 people.

Customer Programs and Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. The first round was a phone call, where I was asked basic behavioral questions like tell me about a time where you had a leadership role and had a conflict, and how was that resolved? It took about 2 weeks for me to get an invitation to the final round interview. This was either done in person, or through Skype if you don't live in the area. The final interview consisted of 30 minutes of more behavioral questions and scenario questions, followed by a 30 minute case study.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I passed the Assessment test Nov 5th in Rosemead Ca and have yet to hear anything from HR regarding an interview =(. The Assessment test was a tad difficult seeing I have yet to work in a call center. But I passed it. Data entry, math and memory is Key.