Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

3.1

Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

INSANE
    Panel interview with a minimum of 3 people present/questioning - THIS WAS FOR THE INITIAL INTERVIEW
    Following interview was again with minimum of 3 management personnel
    Between the first and second interview, received no feedback from the managers/HR - had to call myself several times before received any replies and then had to wait weeks before scheduling the follow up interview

Interview Questions

• To describe a problem - specifically and then break it down into multiple part answers including how exactly it was handled by yourself and management, what was the outcome, what did you learn
      VERY detailed lines of questions taken from a general "interview guideline" book used in all departments by all managers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase - it was a one time offer situation

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Job skills testing was required first, then those who passed would be scheduled for a panel interview. Took one day for the hiring manager to respond with an offer. If accepted, you will go through background check and drug testing.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Panel Interview consisting of three people.
    Each asked me questions regarding my resume along with personal experiences.
    Took about an hour for the whole process.
    Asked both technical and STAR-related questions.
    Overall a pretty smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you couldn't meet a deadline and what you learned from that experience.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

they make a phone confirmation at the first, then they will tell you the time for the facility interview, after that, you will receive the notification about time of onsite interview.

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online in September 2013 and was contacted in February for an in-person interview. This was a four panel interview. Each person took turns asking me about my resume, experience, education, and also behavioral questions. The person leading the interview had three packets of questions prepared for me. One packet was just personal questions, second packet behavioral questions, and third technical questions.......It took Socal Edison three month to get back to me and tell me I didn't get the job.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Alhambra, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring process took exactly 35 days, from when I applied for the position, all the way to my start date. The background check took one day. Interview process is exactly what other people have advised. It follows a STAR method (Situation, Task, Action, Result), behavioral-based interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very challenging compared to what I am normally used to when it comes to interview questions. However, knowing what others here have advised, I gathered all possible behavioral-based questions on the internet and tailored it to my career experience. Everything I prepared for in advance got asked in the interview, therefore, no surprises (again, depends how determined you are during the preparation process so that you do not encounter any unexpected questions). I do not recall the exact questions but if not most, all of their questions will determine how you approach every situation, what the tasks were, actions you took and the outcome/results.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation phase is like any other company.

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Process will take about 6-8 months. Applied in early October and didn't hear back until before the Christmas break in December. I was then scheduled for a highly technical power grid, architecture and orienteering test - If you make it to this step you BETTER study and take an honest look at your ability to do math you haven't touched in over a decade. This test NOT a joke and its not easy... I Passed... with no experience in any of the topics they covered. (Lucky/God's Will/Fate - whatever you want to call it)

After you pass the test they will let you know within two weeks, then you are set up for the interview about 1-2 months later at headquarters or another location.

The interview itself is nothing out of the ordinary - STAR Behavioral Interviews as expected of Edison. You are scored on all your answers and ranked based on that. THEN all of a sudden they test your technical knowledge in front of managers with maps, calculators, rulers to make sure you're not a fluke. That was the most terrifying part of the test since it is unexpected and they don't tell you beforehand leading up to this point. I am CONVINCED they aren't really testing you on the technicalities of this test, but rather testing your wit and ability to remain focused even though you don't know what you're doing at all. Oh yeah - It's all TIMED.

All in all, the entire interview process was pretty smooth - but definitely challenging. Be ready to really display your strengths because this is the most INCREDIBLY competitive *technical* position for Edison.

I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Taking the timed technical exam during the interview. Unexpected and really hard unless you have experience as a surveyor or architect.   3 Answers

Negotiation

60k starting as a trainee. 75k after 1 year. Edison. Done.

Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

They already know who they want when they interviewed...it was all done for show.

Interview Questions

• Something in regards to starting a project from scratch, and all the steps in between. Their questions seem to pertain to one particular project that only an internal applicant would have knowledge of.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

It was a panel interview. There was a specific set of questions that was asked of me. The questions were scored at the end and I was told the candidate with the highest scores would get the job. The questions were behavioral questions like tell me about a time when...

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult team member on your team. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

The panel consisted of the engineering hiring manager and two engineers from the specific department. Asked behavioral question and technical question. How would you do this and that if given a situation. Draw the power system from transmission to distribution with your protective elements!! The detailed the better. Put in some relays to your breakers, know what type of relays.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the elements in a power system?   1 Answer