Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern California Edison Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.1

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Difficult to join unless you come from California State Universities or other reputed schools.
    Panel of people will take your interview if you are trainee or experienced professional. Typically you need to work as a contractor in order to be hired. Difficult to get hired directly here.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They will give you a number and you have to accept it as it is not employee's market and SCE knows it.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applying online was relatively painless and received a phone screen one day after applying online... I was told that selected candidates would receive a call within two weeks for an interview. I never got a call back, but the online application still says that the job status is active and still accepting applications, so I slightly feel in the dark about whether I'm still a contender or not.... I would appreciate a call/email back stating that I wasn't selected if that's the case.

Interview Questions

• None, the phone screen was just asking for more clarifications on the resume you submit... very relaxed screening.   Answer Question

Interview

There was a job fair at the college I attended. I submitted my resume and talked to the recruiter for about 10 minutes. After a couple days, I got called in for an interview. Since I was applying for an intern position, there weren't really any technical questions until towards the end.

Control Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I met one of the University and Campus Relations Personnel and after some discussion I was able to hand my resume to the person. My resume was then forwarded off to one of their offices where they selected me to interview for Control System Administrator's position. I went through the phone screening process however there were other more qualified candidates and I was not selected for a face to face interview.

Planner Trainee Interview

Interview

Very difficult and time consuming. From job post to interview took over 4 months!, still waiting for response. I was very excited to interview but my interview panel was very lethargic, and unprepared to answer my questions. It sort of felt like a joke its held at the Pomona Sheraton motel. Didn't feel like you think a Edison interview should. I'm very let down, and disappointed

Interview Questions

• In short, Tell us about your problems.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial communication from HR to validate experience, followed by a scheduled in person interview with hiring manager. 1hr interview asking standard interview questions. A week later HR called with an offer.

Interview Questions

Offer was less than expected.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

The interview questions are like 3 in 1. Some questions can be technical and usually have 3 people on the panel. The entire process can be lengthy from the time you apply to actually getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Take me thru the steps of creating an Access database.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

Asked about interpersonal questions. Was told that they were going to ask technical questions, but none were asked. Got a response about a month and a half later. Long wait time.

Interview Questions

• We care about safety. How do you practice safety everyday?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Had first behavioral interview at a conference, had another interview 2 months later. This was more technical, there were 3 interviewers who went round in questioning. Three technical questions and 7 basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What is power factor and how does it relate to the distribution and transmission of electricity

describe how power is generated , transmitted and distributed (name 3 different components used in power generation)

What's the difference between a fuse and a circuit breaker
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

The process extended over two months, a bit long in my book. All interviews were in person at the company's headquarters. I had to interview with multiple people and answer the same questions over and over.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mainly related to specific job duties. Safety is a big focus, so be prepared to talk about how you'd contribute to a safe working environment.   Answer Question