Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

3.2

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly, on time and professional. Human Resources leaders were polished and strong in their recruitment skills. Screening process was positive also. Job description was clear and HR was open to reviewing skills for other applicable positions on top of the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions requiring specific examples   1 Answer

Professional Intern I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews on three different days. First was at a networking event where I discussed the qualifications on my resume with a recruiter. Then I was called back to attend an informational event at their headquarters where certain applicants were interviewed by a panel of their management team. They then scheduled the last round of interviews where I sat with the supervisors of the various teams. The questions were legally required to be the same for everyone and they had a list of questions where they took turns asking each question. It was very professional but not high pressure. They made it feel like a great environment to work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Applied 2016 August online and got the first interview around late September. Everything went smoothly and the HR was great in organizing the interview times. There were two interview rounds. The first round was interviewed by employees in SCE basically asking me about my resume. The second round was interviewed by SCE managers asking behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. One of the questions was asking about customer relationship.   Answer Question

Business Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2013.

Interview

applied online. Received phone call one month later to schedule a face-to-face interview. It was a panel interview (4 interviewers). The questions they asked were standardized set of questions provided by HR dept. Whole interview took about 40 min.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. It was really easy, just study the basic behavioral interview questions. Remember to provide an example with each question. Aka the 'STAR' method. Study that and you'll do great.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time....
      Tell us a time when.....
      Did you ever experience a time when.....
      Why do you want to work for Edison.....
      Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief and easy. Mostly went through a screening process of 2 weeks over the phone. Interviewed in person and it was mostly general questions. The project manager that interviewed me was extremely nice and comforting starting from our first phone call to the one on one meeting in Irwindale. the place is a little offshore and the office building is average commercial building. Interview process itself took about three weeks and and the in person interview was very quick. it lasted about 15 minutes. It was a overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is my strongest skill that I believed will contribute to this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer that was initially made to me in the very beginning was satisfying and fitting to my experience in the industry. there was no negotiation involved.

Customer Programs and Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. The first round was a phone call, where I was asked basic behavioral questions like tell me about a time where you had a leadership role and had a conflict, and how was that resolved? It took about 2 weeks for me to get an invitation to the final round interview. This was either done in person, or through Skype if you don't live in the area. The final interview consisted of 30 minutes of more behavioral questions and scenario questions, followed by a 30 minute case study.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online. Took a test. Telephone screening. Face to face interview. Took over three months from beginning to end. Testing was relatively difficult but mainly common sense questions and attention to detail type questions.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple, laid back. interview was at Pomona location and asked behavior questions rather than technical questions. Interview was a panel and a phone school. It was a group of 3 people.

Environmental Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Filed application online and was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview that went well. Set up another phone interview with a manager. Went okay, but they weren't looking for someone to help create new environmental safety protocols - only verify compliance with the minimum existing.