Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

3.1

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Long Process it takes time to hear back from them. I interview in University and them I was called to interview at their Pomona location. It was a panel of 4 mostly electrical engineers and one mechanical. Make sure if you are a mechanical engineer you know the basis f how electricity is transfer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by APR Consulting for this 3-month, or over, contractor role at their Pomona office. It was a single round interview process - panel style, with their three department leads. Interviewed and received an offer the next day. The entire process took three weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do your experience and background make you the best candidate for this role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Behavior interview followed by addition technical inerview. The key is not to lie, they will sometimes ask you questions that they don't think you'll know the answer to so they can see if you'll lie.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Asked basic behavioral questions at the beginning, then dove into basic power questions after. There were a panel of 5 people, each looking into filling in a position. There was no hard mathematical or hard technical questions outside the basic power subject.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a circuit breaker and a fuse?   1 Answer

Substation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. I submitted my application online and HR called me for an interview about a week later. The process was fairly quick. I submitted my application online and HR called me for an interview about a week later. The process was fairly quick. I submitted my application online and HR called me for an interview about a week later.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I worked with an HR hiring specialist to understand the position and submit the proper documents (resume, etc.). I was then tested in a group of other potential hires for team dynamics, leadership, etc., with use cases that we had to work through. I was interviewed two times and then hired.

Energy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume on June 7th. A few weeks later, I received an email invitation to do the customer test on June 27th. Testing is easy if you know basic math and have worked in a call center before. After, they let you know if you've passed or fail. If you pass, you meet with HR and they invite you to a panel interview on July 11th. Interview was with 5 managers, separately. All behavioral questions. Then they say results will be expected in 2 weeks. I waited until August 16th to be emailed that I wasn't a successful candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you ran into a difficult situation and how you solved it   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

fairly easy about 5 situational questions and you are asked to conduct a powerpoint presentation.
    panel interview....they wanted to know if your able to teach a process in a classroom setting.

Interview Questions

• how would you explain a technical application to a non technical customer?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, Excel exam, business case review with managers, middle management panel, and upper management panel. Standard behavioral and technical questions. Process took about 4-6 weeks.

APP2 Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Interview panel of 3 or more and they ask you behavior questions to see if you will fit into their group. SCE is a great company to work for, you just have to be able to answer multiple questions at once. They will give you time to write down the questions however be prepared to give back the notes you took during the interview.