Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

3.1

Transmission & Distribution Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They invited me for an interview about 1-2 weeks after I applied online. I was told it would be a panel of two people interviewing me, but there were actually four. Friendly environment and workplace, and the people were really nice (didn't feel like an interview at all). Mostly behavioral/situational questions, with some technical questions towards the end. They sent me an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Questions about safety practice and dealing with hazards.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work on multiple projects/assignments   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

fairly easy about 5 situational questions and you are asked to conduct a powerpoint presentation.
    panel interview....they wanted to know if your able to teach a process in a classroom setting.

Interview Questions

• how would you explain a technical application to a non technical customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Applied through a University Recruiter, then online. Got an email a couple weeks later saying I'd get a call for a phone interview. After the phone interview, got an email a couple weeks later which said I got an onsite panel interview.

Substation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. I submitted my application online and HR called me for an interview about a week later. The process was fairly quick. I submitted my application online and HR called me for an interview about a week later. The process was fairly quick. I submitted my application online and HR called me for an interview about a week later.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2017.

Interview

In person interview with some personal and some technical questions. Social questions related to how you deal with team related projects. The technical portion required some basic circuit analysis (be sure to be clear on calculating impedances etc.)

Interview Questions

• Describe the power system in terms of general components etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Applied 2016 August online and got the first interview around late September. Everything went smoothly and the HR was great in organizing the interview times. There were two interview rounds. The first round was interviewed by employees in SCE basically asking me about my resume. The second round was interviewed by SCE managers asking behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. One of the questions was asking about customer relationship.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. It was really easy, just study the basic behavioral interview questions. Remember to provide an example with each question. Aka the 'STAR' method. Study that and you'll do great.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time....
      Tell us a time when.....
      Did you ever experience a time when.....
      Why do you want to work for Edison.....   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly, on time and professional. Human Resources leaders were polished and strong in their recruitment skills. Screening process was positive also. Job description was clear and HR was open to reviewing skills for other applicable positions on top of the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions requiring specific examples   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Applied online. Took a test. Telephone screening. Face to face interview. Took over three months from beginning to end. Testing was relatively difficult but mainly common sense questions and attention to detail type questions.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple, laid back. interview was at Pomona location and asked behavior questions rather than technical questions. Interview was a panel and a phone school. It was a group of 3 people.