Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern California Edison Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.1

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I passed the Assessment test Nov 5th in Rosemead Ca and have yet to hear anything from HR regarding an interview =(. The Assessment test was a tad difficult seeing I have yet to work in a call center. But I passed it. Data entry, math and memory is Key.

Project Manager (MPP1) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA).

Interview

Standard Behavioural questions. Panel style. Take notes - the questions are usually multi part. If there is a second round, usually a chance to get to know the team better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have to influence senior management.   Answer Question

Environmental Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Filed application online and was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview that went well. Set up another phone interview with a manager. Went okay, but they weren't looking for someone to help create new environmental safety protocols - only verify compliance with the minimum existing.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

You will be scheduled for a computer test.if you have call center experience then the first two parts of the test won't be hard. The last part is challenging a lot of math while listening to a customer . Was overwhelming but I don't think they look for the answers on that part to be correct just your ability to multitask.

Interview Questions

• Describe one incident on the job that was challenging, what key things did you have to do and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Business Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

Panel interview. They asks the standard dimensional questions. There are usually 2 or 3 people interviewing you. They allow you to take notes and if you need to skip a question and come back to it you may.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about a time you had to negotiate a difficult situation. What was the situation? What steps did you take to resolve the situation? What would you have done differently? And what was the end result?
      2. Tell us about the most difficult situation you ever had to negotiate. What was the situation? What steps did you take to resolve the situation? What would you have done differently? And what was the end result?

3. Tell us about a time you anticipated a need to change a process in order to meet a client or customer’s needs. What was the situation? How did you communicate any changes and status? What did you learn? What was the end result?
      4. Tell us about a time you recognized a problem with a process before anyone else. What steps did you take to ensure the problem did not occur again? Who did you notify? What would you have done differently? What was the end result?
      5. Tell us about a time you had to explain a technical concept to a client or customer. How did you explain the concept? What did you do to ensure the person understood what you were saying? And what was the end result?
      6. Tell us about a time you had to work in a group to achieve a common goal. What was the situation? What difficulties did you face? How did you promote teamwork? What was your role? And what was the end result?
      7. Tell us about a project you worked on in a group? How did you work with each member of the group? What were some problems you faced? And what was the end result?
      8. Tell us what you believe good customer service is? How do you provide it to your customers or clients? What is important to good customer service?
      9. Tell us about a project that you worked on where you went above and beyond for you customer or client. What was the situation? What did you do to ensure good customer service? What would you have done differently? And what was the end result.
      10. Tell us about a time/projected when you had to gather and analyze complex data from multiple sources to make a decision. How did you gather the data, and from where? When did you decide it was time to make the decision? And what was the end result?
      11. Tell us about a time you had to complete a project with a change in deadline with little or no warning? What did you do to adapt to the change? What challenges did you face? And what was the end result?
      12. Tell us about a time you had to complete multiple projects with competing deadlines. How did you determine each projects priority? What steps did you take to ensure your work was completed on time? What would you have done differently? What was the end result? \
      13. Tell us about time you had to work on a project what required you to complete multiple tasks? What was the situation? How did you prioritize your work? How did you determine high, medium, and low priority? (Or how did you determine priority?) What were some challenges you faced? What was the end result?
      14. Tell us about the computer programs you know. What have you used them for? What documents have you created? What presentations did you perform? What functions did you used within the programs? What analysis did you perform?
      15. Tell us about you experience with the programs Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, CSS, CIS, ext..…? What have you used them for? What documents have you created? What presentations did you perform? What functions did you used within the programs? What analysis did you perform?
      16. Tell us about a time you were asked to divulge confidential information? How did you ensure that you did not divulge. What could you have done differently and why? What did you learn?
      17. Tell us about a time you inadvertently divulged confidential information? What did you do to correct the problem? Who did you notify of the situation? What could you have done differently and why? What did you learn?
      18. Working in this department you are often required to develop documents. Tell us about what is important to having an accurate and concise document. How do you gather the information, and from where? What do you do to ensure you work is accurate and error free?
      19. Tell us about a time you had to influence a peer, team member to accept you recommendation. How did you influence them? What techniques did you use? How did you prepare? How did you get them to agree with your position? What was the end result? I
      20. Tell us how you identify client and stakeholder needs. How do you determine the appropriate level of communications and the medium you use for it?
      21. Tell us about your strategy on how you ensure customer service excellence in your group. How do you ensure you client’s needs are met?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

5 personality questions. 5 technical questions. Pretty basic personality questions. Basic power analysis questions (Apparent Power, Reactive Power). They are looking to see if you are easy to work with. Don't answer something unless you absolutely know what you are talking about (with regards to the technical questions). If you don't know something, let them know but say you are more than willing to relearn the topic. They will then try to help you out.

Professional Intern I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews on three different days. First was at a networking event where I discussed the qualifications on my resume with a recruiter. Then I was called back to attend an informational event at their headquarters where certain applicants were interviewed by a panel of their management team. They then scheduled the last round of interviews where I sat with the supervisors of the various teams. The questions were legally required to be the same for everyone and they had a list of questions where they took turns asking each question. It was very professional but not high pressure. They made it feel like a great environment to work.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was over Skype. Technical and behavioral questions. Then second interview was more technical than the first. They just kept asking questions over and over pretty quickly. The technical questions were't too difficult. There was a third interview, because out of a huge pool of people only a few get in. The third interview was like the 2nd.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would deal with a power outage.   1 Answer

Power Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

SCE's HR was helpful in terms of letting me know that it was a group of people to interview me. The panel that interviewed me had a total of seven questions. Each question was a multi-part question. It would help to write down the questions.

Interview Questions

• What type of tools do you use to do power flow studies?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

The process extended over two months, a bit long in my book. All interviews were in person at the company's headquarters. I had to interview with multiple people and answer the same questions over and over.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mainly related to specific job duties. Safety is a big focus, so be prepared to talk about how you'd contribute to a safe working environment.   Answer Question