Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

3.1

Senior Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

First there's a phone and then there are two - three in person interviews. They use behavior based questions and everyone from the security person at the front desk to the people you meet on the elevator seem genuinely happy to be at work.

Interview Questions

• Why Southern California Edison?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

There are three interviews in the process. First was a behavioral interview through Skype, second was a behavioral interview over the phone, and the third was an in-person interview, technical and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you did where you went above and beyond in your position?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (San Bernardino, CA).

Interview

SCE intern interview questions are team based. The questions are related to how you work in a team and how do you handle certain situations. It was a 3 people interview, normally their interviews are panel based and they have a packet they ask questions from. The second interview was a meet and greet to see how well you interact with the team.
    Overall experience was good

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a conflict with your team leader.   1 Answer

Supervisor IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Chino, CA).

Interview

They were all questions related to how I handle situations in the past giving them examples. It was a pretty easy interview for me since I have a 35 years of experience in Management and knew all the answers to the questions. I really enjoyed the interview and was happy to get an offer of employment,

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know what type of Manager or Leader I was and my experience and education levels.   1 Answer

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by email after applying online on their website. Went through 2 rounds of interviews. Questions asked were mostly behavioral with some relatively easy technical. Unfortunately, after the last interview I was not contacted about whether or not I had received the position. Wish that the contact post-second interview was better.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 engineers and they took turns asking behavioral questions. There were some technical questions about power systems. Describe an instance when you had to think on your feet to solve a difficult problem?

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you coordinated several events or people at the same time. How did you handle it? What was the result?   Answer Question

Planner I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1000+ candidates were filtered and about 25 people were selected for about 10 positions. Interview was performed at a hotel in rooms set up for generic print reading testing and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to overcome personnel conflict that was impeding performance of a job and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for testing. I studied the required practice tests-spelling/grammer, sorting/classification and math. There was about 15 attending for the test. I received an email that same day which said I "failed" the test. I inquired by email what my test score was and they responded that THEY DO NOT DISCLOSE the test scores. One thing I did do was fill out an optional questionair which asked for my date of birth. I am 61 and do not look it. I've also worked for top Executives and doubt that I failed the test. I have spoken to others that have had the same experience and this seems to be a pattern. There is definately age discrimination going on here. I know I did well on the test. Read the interveiw reviews, most seem to be just out of college. Hmm.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at career fair, then contacted for phone interview which led to in person interview. In person interview was a group of 3 people asking questions ranging from behavior to technical questions. Even after first interview, recruiter continued to help try and get another position in the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic Power engineering questions, such as Power Factor.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I went to the first round interview and just got the second interview a couple of days ago. behavioral questions, four questions in 30 minutes. grade based on your performance.