Southern California Edison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

3.1

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted by email after applying online on their website. Went through 2 rounds of interviews. Questions asked were mostly behavioral with some relatively easy technical. Unfortunately, after the last interview I was not contacted about whether or not I had received the position. Wish that the contact post-second interview was better.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 engineers and they took turns asking behavioral questions. There were some technical questions about power systems. Describe an instance when you had to think on your feet to solve a difficult problem?

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you coordinated several events or people at the same time. How did you handle it? What was the result?   Answer Question

Planner I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

1000+ candidates were filtered and about 25 people were selected for about 10 positions. Interview was performed at a hotel in rooms set up for generic print reading testing and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to overcome personnel conflict that was impeding performance of a job and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for testing. I studied the required practice tests-spelling/grammer, sorting/classification and math. There was about 15 attending for the test. I received an email that same day which said I "failed" the test. I inquired by email what my test score was and they responded that THEY DO NOT DISCLOSE the test scores. One thing I did do was fill out an optional questionair which asked for my date of birth. I am 61 and do not look it. I've also worked for top Executives and doubt that I failed the test. I have spoken to others that have had the same experience and this seems to be a pattern. There is definately age discrimination going on here. I know I did well on the test. Read the interveiw reviews, most seem to be just out of college. Hmm.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to recruiter at career fair, then contacted for phone interview which led to in person interview. In person interview was a group of 3 people asking questions ranging from behavior to technical questions. Even after first interview, recruiter continued to help try and get another position in the company.

Interview Questions

• Basic Power engineering questions, such as Power Factor.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I went to the first round interview and just got the second interview a couple of days ago. behavioral questions, four questions in 30 minutes. grade based on your performance.

Intern Interview

Interview

Had first behavioral interview at a conference, had another interview 2 months later. This was more technical, there were 3 interviewers who went round in questioning. Three technical questions and 7 basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• What is power factor and how does it relate to the distribution and transmission of electricity

describe how power is generated , transmitted and distributed (name 3 different components used in power generation)

What's the difference between a fuse and a circuit breaker   Answer Question

Distribution Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was more technical than I expected. For Summer internship, did not expect it to be that tough. There were three managers from three different departments. One was very grumpy and the other two jovial. Video conference interview.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviews are by a panel (3 or more). Questions vary depending on position applying for (ie: if applying for joint pole, questions will relate to joint pole knowledge. If position for call center, questions will relate to customer service.) Your answers are scored so be thorough, clear and confident.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a deadline you had to meet? What steps did you take? Were you able to meet the deadline? (again be thorough) .   Answer Question

Reliability Strategy Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I originally heard that SCE was hiring for interns through campus recruiting, and applied for a Business Effectiveness intern position.

After the resume drop, had the first interview on campus with an Electrical Engineer who had worked with the company for 20 years. General get-to-know-you questions, behavioral questions, and some questions about electrical systems and circuitry which I felt that the engineer threw in himself (I couldn't answer them as a non-engineering major, and I did apply for a business position).

That initial interview was in Oct 2015, and afterwards, I didn't hear back from them so I assumed that I didn't get the position.

Three months later in Jan 2016, got a call from the recruiter telling me that I qualified to move on to the final round interview for Reliability Strategy. This interview was on-site at SCE's Pomona location, and I interviewed with the hiring manager and two of his engineers. Also mostly a mix of the usual behavioral questions. Only the last two were not the usual, since it related to the position.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a picture of an electrical system, from generation to transmission to distribution.

How do you define reliability?
      How would you improve reliability in this electrical system? Outline the specific steps, and be as detailed as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA