Southern California Edison Interview Questions in Irwindale, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.9

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief and easy. Mostly went through a screening process of 2 weeks over the phone. Interviewed in person and it was mostly general questions. The project manager that interviewed me was extremely nice and comforting starting from our first phone call to the one on one meeting in Irwindale. the place is a little offshore and the office building is average commercial building. Interview process itself took about three weeks and and the in person interview was very quick. it lasted about 15 minutes. It was a overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is my strongest skill that I believed will contribute to this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer that was initially made to me in the very beginning was satisfying and fitting to my experience in the industry. there was no negotiation involved.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received a phone call from the recruiter the following week to discuss the job details and answer some general questions regarding my background and experience. The following week I had a second round panel interview over the phone with members from the team to discuss my technical skill sets. I came in for a third round in-person panel interview approximately 2 weeks later which included the people from the telephone interview, the hiring manager, and a business partner. This 1 hour interview composed of multiple cycles of scripted questions asked by each member from the panel. The questions were primarily behavioral/situation based. I didn't find the questions too difficult to answer because I was able to respond with a real example from previous work experiences. The challenge was staying up with the pace of the questions being asked. Once I made it through the interview, I felt pretty good about the experience. If I could offer one piece of advice, it would be to maintain a good relationship with the recruiter. The recruiter kept me in the loop through each phase of the process and I made sure to follow up on a regular basis leading up to the final job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you resolved an issue which required the engagement of two or more departments?   Answer Question

IT Resource and Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, talked to a campus recruiter, came in for an interview with the hiring managers. All questions asked in the interview were mostly behavioral, as in how did you react to a parrticular event, etc. Interviewers were very kind and did not ask questions that were unanswerable for an intern.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Straight forward interview process. Was given appointment at the Irwindale office and was met with two person interview panel. The interviewers were personable and it did not feel as stressful as other interviews I have been on for PM positions. The interviewers were very open and let me know I was the first of ten candidates they were interviewing. The position was to manage IT projects so some of the questions involved technical experience as well as managing projects and teams.

Interview Questions

• Please rate yourself in skill level in each of the following software applications. They then read off all the Microsoft Office applications and some database applications.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Entire interview was based on situational events. Tell me about a time when.......etc. How would you conduct a gap analysis and what you would do with that information. Interview panel consisted of two people and was very relaxed, not super formal.

Interview Questions

• The multiple part questions were difficult to follow. You can take notes when they ask the questions so that helps.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

Was very basic, only asked behavioral questions and things on my resume. There was no technical questions despite the position having a lot of background needed based on the job application. Make sure to know your resume well and come with prepared answers to typical interview questions to help make the process easier on yourself. In addition, they were very interested in the type of questions I had for the position.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time you had to work with someone on a team or project that shared a different perspective than you? How did you address this issue?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The process was fair.. I was reviewed by the hiring manager and panel review. The questions were technical and were also scenario based. They also gave an good over of the company and culture as well as what they were looking for in the role.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Hiring Process took over two months. A brief telephonic interview from HR followed by an panel interview with two managers for over an hour. Questions were all behavioral in nature like" Give me an instance where you have done this in the past etc.." . No technical questions asked.

Program/Project Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I had one interview, met with three people, which included the hiring manager. Meeting was casual and conversational. In my case I presented work samples, letters of recommendations, and contacts. Questions were fairly typical, don't recall them. Was hired shortly after interview.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall the questions, but the interview was pleasant. I did not feel challenged to great detail regarding my capabilities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The job paid $75k and was with Edison. I took it with no questions.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process can be can be swift or take considerable time depending on the urgency of the position. The interviews are situation based and using the star method is desired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question