Southern California Edison Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

144 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

TSP3 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA).

Interview

4 people asking dimensional questions with parts a, b, c, very nice people they were not rude very polite read the questions twice no problem understanding them They were all dressed well

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you did not agree with your manager? Making a decision that impacted an entire system? who were the stakeholders? what is your definition of team work? How do you constantly improve the results you work on?   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Rep1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from an agency called me with regards to my resume that he came across a job site. Job description, wage and expectations were clearly explained. I passed the phone screening and my application was submitted to SCE for possible in-person interview. After 4 days, agency recruiter called me and said that I was selected for an in-person interview the following week. The interview was very professional. It was a panel of 2 interviewers. The questions were printed on a paper where you read it and answer out loud while the interviewers take down notes of your answer. There were 5 or 6 questions. The interview lasted for 25 minutes. It went very well. I feel very positive about the interview. The interviewer told me that I'm going to hear something from them the following week. Almost 2 weeks past, no update from the agency. I called and emailed them but no response. Luckily, I got a hold of the recruiter from the agency and I asked if there are any updates whatsoever about the interview. He said that SCE never contacted/emailed them about my application but he feels I didnt get the job cause it's been awhile. He actually checked the SCE portal and really no updates under my name. I think they should be more professional. Applicants always need any kind of updates good or bad. They need to update their portal in a timely manner and communication should be improved between agency and their company.

Interview Questions

• If given an offer, how can you guarantee that accuracy and quality are met for this job?   2 Answers

Consumer Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Emailed by the recruiter without a phone call to set up an in person interview. Interview is a panel interview with 3 individuals. Hiring manager and 2 other core managers. Very structured as each had a printed document with the question and section to write responses. During the interview I was told that all notes I wrote had to be handed over to the manager at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process of how you convinced a person or group of people to follow your recommendation or insights.   Answer Question
    • What was a great problem that you encountered and what were the steps to solve it.   Answer Question

Transmission & Distribution Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Pomona, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

They invited me for an interview about 1-2 weeks after I applied online. I was told it would be a panel of two people interviewing me, but there were actually four. Friendly environment and workplace, and the people were really nice (didn't feel like an interview at all). Mostly behavioral/situational questions, with some technical questions towards the end. They sent me an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Questions about safety practice and dealing with hazards.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work on multiple projects/assignments   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

fairly easy about 5 situational questions and you are asked to conduct a powerpoint presentation.
    panel interview....they wanted to know if your able to teach a process in a classroom setting.

Interview Questions

• how would you explain a technical application to a non technical customer?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly, on time and professional. Human Resources leaders were polished and strong in their recruitment skills. Screening process was positive also. Job description was clear and HR was open to reviewing skills for other applicable positions on top of the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions requiring specific examples   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview was brief and easy. Mostly went through a screening process of 2 weeks over the phone. Interviewed in person and it was mostly general questions. The project manager that interviewed me was extremely nice and comforting starting from our first phone call to the one on one meeting in Irwindale. the place is a little offshore and the office building is average commercial building. Interview process itself took about three weeks and and the in person interview was very quick. it lasted about 15 minutes. It was a overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is my strongest skill that I believed will contribute to this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer that was initially made to me in the very beginning was satisfying and fitting to my experience in the industry. there was no negotiation involved.

Project Manager (MPP1) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA).

Interview

Standard Behavioural questions. Panel style. Take notes - the questions are usually multi part. If there is a second round, usually a chance to get to know the team better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have to influence senior management.   Answer Question

Environmental Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Filed application online and was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview that went well. Set up another phone interview with a manager. Went okay, but they weren't looking for someone to help create new environmental safety protocols - only verify compliance with the minimum existing.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

there were several rounds of interviews that I had to go through. Each one was a panel discussion and as the interviews progressed the people doing the interview increased in position in the company. They had pre approved questions packets that they are mandated to use for all the interviewees.