Southern California Edison Professional Trainee I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern California Edison Professional Trainee I Interview Questions

2.0

Professional Trainee I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR - basic screening questions, why would you like to work for SCE, tell us about your background, what are you currently studying, etc.
2. In-person interview with hiring manager & upper management - I assume these were standard intern questions because they were being read off a list. They were not catered to the position at all. Tell us about your background? What's your strength? Tell us about one of your projects.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southern California Edison

Professional Trainee I Interview

Interview

There was a job fair at the college I attended. I submitted my resume and talked to the recruiter for about 10 minutes. After a couple days, I got called in for an interview. Since I was applying for an intern position, there weren't really any technical questions until towards the end.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Customer Business Unit Position. There were (4) stakeholders on the interview panel. For internships with SCE, they are generally focused on your oral skills and how you articulate the solution. The categories that are generally covered are 1) time management skills, 2) resolving conflict with team members, 3) discuss a time where you were challenged with a task.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had several deliverables to meet and how did you prioritize?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had conflict with a team member and what methods did you use to resolve?   Answer Question

Professional Trainee I Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern California Edison in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online through my schools job connection website. I got a phone call within a week and was asked if i could come in for an interview that Friday morning (2 days later). I went for the interview where I was interviewed by 3 people, they all took down notes of all the questions i was asked. It was a lot of Questions like, give me an example of when you worked in a team. Why do you want to work for Edison? What is your GPA? Give me an example when someone explained something to you that was too complicated for you to understand, and what did you do after. Give me an example of what you did when you didn't know how to solve a technical problem. What is your major and why did you choose it. Stuff like that. Believe it was 10 questions total. The three people interviewing me were extremely nice, and i knew 30 seconds into the interview that i would get an offer just because of the way they were so kind and extremely positive with me. We all shared a few big laughs as well, so it was more of a get to know me kind of thing. They told me that it would take 7-10 days to hear from an HR rep about the outcome of my interview. I believe 3 hours after i left, i got an email from an HR rep to fill out a job application. The following Monday, i was called so they could verify some info over the phone, and verify my transcripts. Then the next day i was called and asked if i wanted to accept the offer they were giving me. He also set an appointment for me to go in the upcoming Friday to fill out all the paper work, sign my offer letter and take the drug test. That Friday i went in, signed all the papers and took the drug test on spot. I took my picture for my ID badge and am set to start in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt bother negotiating because i got more than the average hourly wage that is posted for this job.