Southern California Edison Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southern California Edison.

Interview

I worked with an HR hiring specialist to understand the position and submit the proper documents (resume, etc.). I was then tested in a group of other potential hires for team dynamics, leadership, etc., with use cases that we had to work through. I was interviewed two times and then hired.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southern California Edison

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Riverside, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a standard panel interview with three people plus their internal compliance officer. The Human Resources representative facilitated a time written assessment immediately after the interview.

Had time to observe the internal office environment. as the panel was running 20 - 30 minutes behind schedule.

Would recommend to future candudates to take relevant project work sample.

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Temecula, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Rec a call for Panel interview went well receive and offer 2 weeks later. Took me test and back ground was check. Would recommend any one to apply to work there. GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Tell us a time when you flipped upside down, caught a football, your mom called and you happened to win the lottery? Many of the questions are silly and do not seek the most valuable info they should be seeking to obtain the best candidate. The process seems to have been created in the early 1900's and is still in place today...

Interview Questions

• Questions are lengthy multi-part questions unique to a given situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter, who had discovered my resume on one of the employment websites. The interview process took about an hour and I was approached with an offer fairly quickly after that.

Negotiation

The HR person that called me discouraged me from asking for more money so I only asked for $2500 more than the original offer when I really wanted to ask for more. My counter-offer was excepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Straight forward interview process. Was given appointment at the Irwindale office and was met with two person interview panel. The interviewers were personable and it did not feel as stressful as other interviews I have been on for PM positions. The interviewers were very open and let me know I was the first of ten candidates they were interviewing. The position was to manage IT projects so some of the questions involved technical experience as well as managing projects and teams.

Interview Questions

• Please rate yourself in skill level in each of the following software applications. They then read off all the Microsoft Office applications and some database applications.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irwindale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Irwindale, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Entire interview was based on situational events. Tell me about a time when.......etc. How would you conduct a gap analysis and what you would do with that information. Interview panel consisted of two people and was very relaxed, not super formal.

Interview Questions

• The multiple part questions were difficult to follow. You can take notes when they ask the questions so that helps.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA).

Interview

The hiring process was okay. The lady that talked to me on the phone was nice and polite. We did some back-and-forth for salary and hiring bonus, which I got most of what I wanted. The interview was VERY long and the questions were really convaluded. By the time they were done asking the question, I had to ask them to repeat and take notes on it.

Interview Questions

• The hardest question was difficult because it limited my response to a specific type of experience, along with being multi-part; it had to do with being a member of a team to accomplish a project in which team members disagreed on the product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rosemead, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Rosemead, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone screens with recruiter or hiring manager are first step. Second step is in-person interview. At times may use video-conference. Have a variety of interview techniques however they use structured, behavioral interviews for all positions including for the executive level. Interviewers are scheduled to consense by end of day. Also use assessment centers, work samples, knowledge tests, aptitude tests, and technical interviews depending on the role.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were required to make a decision with prior precedent or policy in place. What data or information did you rely on? What decision did you make? How did you communicate it? What was the result or outcome of your decision? Would you make the same decision again?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern California Edison (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

It was critical to post a resume on the official site although I got my job through a contract recruiter