Southern Company Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

3.2

Distribution Engineering/Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met at college career fair and gave them my resume. Then about three weeks later I got a call to set up an interview at our school with an hr rep and one engineer. Mostly behavior based questions and why do you want to intern with Georgia Power. Then got called to a second round of interviews at the Headquarters in Atlanta with about 7 Engineering Supervisors and one hr rep and these were mostly questions about you and your resume and experiences. Then got a call two weeks later offering me the job. I would have taken it but Georgia Pacific offered me more money and free housing. Georgia Power offers a housing stipend but I could not give up free housing and more money.

Interview Questions

• Second Round questions - Tell us about a time you went out of your way to provide extraordinary service to one of your customers.   Answer Question

Health and Welfare-Financial and Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

They called me a month after I applied and scheduled me for a prescreening. Afterwards, I got to speak on the phone with the hiring manager. Finally, I was brought in for a 3-hour panel interview. I was told to wait 7-10 days for a response and I didn't hear back until almost a month and a half afterwards. All attempts to obtain an update by me and the HR rep who did the prescreening were ignored. They didn't even bother sending a personal email. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Finance/Accounting Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Met a Southern Company Representative at a career fair and gave her my resume. The recruiter said I would be a good candidate for Southern's intern program and the company's internship program is a good segway to full time employment with the company. I applied online and received a phone call a week letter to go to HQ for an interview. It was a 3 panel interview with questions such as, Tell me a time when you had to assume a leadership role?, Describe a situation, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to step into a leadership role?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Called a "firing squad", interviews are intimidating. You will be interviewed by at least 3-5 people who will ask you to give a presentation on your experience first then they will take turns asking standard "Tell us about a time..." questions. Usually the HR rep, hiring manager, manager peer and employee peer are on the panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to be creative?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can negotiate extra vacation or a signing bonus if you have good skills you know they want pretty badly. Don't push it though!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was required to prepare a presentation to discuss my knowledge/experience in project management. I had 30 minutes to present followed by 30 minutes from a panel of four. Each panel member asked me a series of questions. I work with 3 of these members on a daily bases as a contractor so the questions were very basic. I was asked about Project Management and Cyber Security skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing relating to project success?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I did a Get To Know. It is Informal Interview to see if you are a good fit. This is mainly done for interns. If you want a full-time job you will get a panel interview. It was very good for me because the man I interviewed with was very nice. I felt good walking out of there.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Received call on Thursday; flew to Atlanta for interview the next Monday. Panel interview consisting of 7 questions total...very friendly people and relevant questions...I felt that they were truly interested in my answers and not trying to stump me or just get the interview over with. Provided great info/details during my questions to them at the end. The pleasant experience was a significant factor in helping me choose Southern Company over my other offer presented by a very reputable company. Best interview I've ever participated in...

Interview Questions

• Why would you like this position and what makes you a good fit?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume to an acquaintance and he it passed through the chain. There was no real interview process. I exchanged some emails and phone calls with the hiring manager and was extended an offer letter. My experience was a little different from other interns because I was being looked at out of state while finishing active duty military service. Other interns were required to do one on one interviews. and possibly more.

Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (McDonough, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Human Resources are very detailed and to the point. The interviewer was and staff that was around was so nice and welcoming. They made me feel very comfortable, after I was completely nervous the entire drive to the interview. I look forward to working for this company. I have seen and heard nothing but great things about this company, and I am hoping to start a new career.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying through a recruiter, i was contacted for an on-camous interview. The first Interview took 30 minutes. Two people conducted it. They asked basic behavioral questions and made it clear that Co-ops were far more likely to have a chance at a job offer than Interns. They provided a list of available positions, so I asked to be considered for the department that had the most.

Second interview was on site with a panel of 6 people. I answered more detailed behavioral questions and more questions about my resume. This interview lasted a little longer than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a reliable car for transportation?   1 Answer