Southern Company Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern Company Engineer III Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a panel of 6 interview at a career fair in California. There was leadership from the various departments of the company. They did not use a check list like most companies do, but rather looked at your resume and asked questions, together with follow up questions. They are looking for a certain personality that will fit in with the southern culture of the company. Either you got it or not. So don't sweat it, just go and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• How did you choose your major?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southern Company

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in December 2012.

Interview

On the first day, there was an orientation to familiarize candidates with the different departments that were hiring. That night, dinner was served on the top floor of the Alabama Power headquarters. From seat to seat, candidates and employees were alternated, so employees and candidates would talk. On the second day, panel interviews were conducted. An HR representative facilitated the interview, and there were about eight employees attending. It was a situational interview. At the end, the other employees were allowed to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you lead a group. Tell us about a time there was conflict in a group, and what did you do to resolve the situation. Tell us about your time in college, how did you interact with classmates, how did you interact with your professors, what was your relationship with both groups. Would you prefer to work in the field or an office position. What are you strengths. What are your weaknesses. Tell us about your senior project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Company (Augusta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

Very standard interview process complete with situational interview style questions, personality test, background check, and a drug test to gain unescorted nuclear plant access.

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate