Southern Company Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern Company Intern Interview Questions

3.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

After applying through a recruiter, i was contacted for an on-camous interview. The first Interview took 30 minutes. Two people conducted it. They asked basic behavioral questions and made it clear that Co-ops were far more likely to have a chance at a job offer than Interns. They provided a list of available positions, so I asked to be considered for the department that had the most.

Second interview was on site with a panel of 6 people. I answered more detailed behavioral questions and more questions about my resume. This interview lasted a little longer than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a reliable car for transportation?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southern Company

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southern Company in October 2014.

Interview

I went to my Universities Career Fair on Wednesday and as I approached Southern Company he asked for my Resume and asked if I would be available for interview on that Friday. I said yes of course then I received an call and email for confirmation on the time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for this job? and What are your preferences of work environment? are two questions they asked.   Answer Question
    • Do you think it is better to work in a group/team and why?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose your major?   Answer Question
    • What are some leadership rolls you have had?   Answer Question
    • Have you done any projects/work related to your major?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in April 2010.

Interview

I initially got the interview at a career fair where I was asked to interview the next day. In this interview the lady asked me the basic questions (tell me about yourself, what was your hardest challenge in school etc). I then got a call a couple days later asking for a second round interview in Birmingham. In this interview there was a panel of interviewers. Went through the interview but wasn't selected for the job

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to assume a leadership role.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern Company.

Interview

Got a call a week after career fair. Standard HR interview process.

Intern Interview

Interview

The process was fairly simple. Online application and phone interview. The interview was just a few behavioral questions with HR person, not bad at all. The best part of the internship is that housing is paid for - which is super great!

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company in October 2008.

Interview

I met them at a career fair and was then invited for an interview. After passing both the drug screen and the background check, I was given an official offer. After accepting the offer, I was asked to start at my earliest convenience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation you were put in, in the past, where you needed to work with a team to accomplish your goal   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you have been put in a situation in the past where you had to show leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate anything as an intern. the internship program is a set path, unlike a full time position where you may be able to negotiate salary and benefits.