Southern Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

116 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Athens, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

First we met on campus and they got a bunch of resumes. Then, they reached out to us for an information session (pre-interview session) and the interview was the next day. The interview was around 30 minutes and they did not ask any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your major?   1 Answer

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southern Company.

Interview

Found out late the evening that had an interview early the next morning for a position that I had not applied for. Felt very unprepared. It was a panel of five people, each asking a question.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company.

Interview

HR called. Asked basic questions-HS graduate? Set up phone interview with supervisor.
    Supervisor called at agreed time and talked 10 minutes or so. Asked basic questions. Do you know much about Southern Company? How have you dealt with a difficult customer?

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

20 minute presentation (about your background and why you're the best candidate) followed by team interview. Very professional in terms of communication before and after. All expenses covered.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were asked to present information in an interesting or creative way?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company (Naperville, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Email asking for phone screen interview. Then, emailed to come in for panel interview with 3 executives. Behavioral interview style. Very comfortable and conversational interview. HR followed up after about a week and let me know I was still in contention for role. They were interviewing internally then would get back to me. Received email after 2 weeks saying they had gone with someone else. Very informative through the process.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you caught something before it went wrong.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Panel interview with 5 team members. Went very smoothly. Lasted 45 minutes. I accepted an offer but they rescinded because I had a DUI a little over a year ago.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a email invitation after I applied this job on university platform for nearly 2 months. It's a 30 minutes interview with the whole group including team members and Manager. Everybody was very nice and the questions are basically asking about your background knowledge of finance and risk.

Laborer Interview

Interview

Process was long and drawn out. Must have a clean background and be drug free. Don't lie on background check because they WILL find out the truth if they don't already know and most of the time they already know.

Interview Questions

• Common interview questions.   1 Answer

Nuclear Operations Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waynesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southern Company (Waynesboro, GA).

Interview

Contacted via phone to schedule an interview, testing, and test teach 1 week prior to requested date. Created a power point to present to 6-8 subjects for evaluation on classroom presence and instructor skills/qualities. Received offer a couple days after interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain how the SAT process works and what it means to you.   Answer Question

Nuclear Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waynesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Waynesboro, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was painless. I applied for the job on March 23th, 2017 and received a call about setting up interview on April 5th, 2017. Had the interview the following Wednesday. I work on the project but for another company so I knew where the building was and everything. Very nice panel of interviewers. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background, experience, education, technical skills that relates to this position.   Answer Question