Southern Company Engineer Co-Op Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern Company Engineer Co-Op Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through campus recruiter. The first interview was straightforward and one on one. I received a notification that I had moved on to the next round the next business day. I got a call that same day for a second interview which took place a week later. I got a co-op offer the morning after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in five years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southern Company

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

All of their co-op interviews are behavioral, non-technical. Ive had 4 Interviews with different branches at southern company and they all ask the same questions. Since this is a co-op it is a MUST to show interest in working for the company after you graduate. I had an on campus interview and then got an email for and interview in Alabama, went to that one and didn't get an offer. A week later I got an email for a phone interview with a branch Atlanta which I got an offer for. There are plenty of reviews on here about southern company co op interviews, write down all the interview questions and prepare answers for each question.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for southern company?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness/strength?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose your major? (got this question every interview)   Answer Question
    • Do you like working on a team or alone? (also got this question every interview)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is absolutely no negotiation with the salary with the co-op, I know people who have tried to negotiate and have had their offer revoked. Just remember they are hiring you based on your personality, how much is your personality worth?

Engineer Co-Op Interview

Interview

I was interviewed at my university after the career fair. It was only two other men, and it was pretty chill. They asked me some basic questions, like about my GPA and classes I will be taking. Biggest strengths, what classes I enjoy, etc. They were very friendly and I hope to hear from them soon. I sent two follow up emails and they said they are wrapping up campus interviews next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern Company (Gainesville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

talk to a recruiter at the Campus career fair, receive a call 3 hours later to set up an interview the next day in the afternoon. I accepted, the interview lasted about 20 minutes STAR format, very nice people. The next day at night I received an email saying I was not part of the group of people that got 2nd interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Asked basic questions about yourself so they could get to know you. For the most part they hire based on whether you could get along with the team. I suggest that you be yourself because the recruiters are a pretty good judge of character, so they will know which department that would best suit you.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Biloxi, MS) in March 2014.

Interview

Very easy. Recruiters attended the university career fair. You spoke with them, went to an information session, and then went through initials interviews (very easy, straight forward ESPECIALLY if you had spoken to them a lot at the info session). Then went to second round interviews and they selected from there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mayaguez, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern Company (Mayaguez, PR) in October 2013.

Interview

Obtained the interview by going to the info table. The interview was all behavioral and if you did good, they invite you to an activity to know you better. The key is to show all your interest during the activity because if not, you are not going to be selected.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in March 2013.

Interview

the interview was very smooth, The gentleman interviewing me was very nice and professional. He called me into the office and explained everything and asked me some basic interview questions. I responded and I asked him a couple of questions. After the interview I heard back in about a week saying I made it to the second round of interviews with department specific managers.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Single in person interview. Interviewer was HR from generation. Asked background questions about experience. Focused on interests and personality type questions. A few leadership questions as well. The interview lasted around 45 minutes and they asked what area of the company you were interested in. They said there would be a follow up interview within 2 weeks. The interview never came. Instead a month later i received a call saying i had been awarded the position

Anonymous Employee in Statesborough, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company (Statesborough, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

I met with HR at the career fair. A few weeks later, an interview was set up on campus. A week later a phone interview was conducted. I received an offer a month after the interview. The questions were simple and it was more behavioral. The process in general was simple and it was easy to reach out to HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, but I feel as if you couldn't.