Southern Company Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern Company Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was required to prepare a presentation to discuss my knowledge/experience in project management. I had 30 minutes to present followed by 30 minutes from a panel of four. Each panel member asked me a series of questions. I work with 3 of these members on a daily bases as a contractor so the questions were very basic. I was asked about Project Management and Cyber Security skills.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing relating to project success?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southern Company

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

It is a behavior based interview asking situational questions, primarily relating to work experiences, with an emphasis on working and leading others. They are looking at how the candidate will react with others in difficult and pressure situations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA) in June 2010.

Interview

The first step in this process is to complete a credential assessment in connection with your resume and application. Your resume is less important than the answers provided on the assessment. You will want to read the position description carefully. You will be asked to provide "specific" and "thorough" descriptions representing your portfolio as a Project Manager, application of PM software solutions, Enterprise Management solutions, industry specific accounting and contract management solutions, nuclear experience, etc. If your qualifications are commensurate with the requirements, you will be notified via email within 3-6 weeks. You will be contacted by phone within seven days of notice. Then each candidate will meet with 4 to 6 senior managers (and senior engineers). Second interviews are rarely scheduled, so try to impress them the first time. The interviewing managers are fairly representative of the company's conservative culture.

Interview Questions

• Why should we chose you over someone with nuclear experience?   Answer Question