Southern Company Senior Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I applied online 3 months earlier. I was contacted to come into their Birmingham office for an interview. When I got to Birmingham, I was informed the position was also available in Atlanta. I was offered a position in the Atlanta office. The amount they initially offered was below the amount I asked for; therefor I countered and they provided me with the exact amount I requested. Initially they stated because of the bonus, I would achieve the desired rate. However, the bonus is not guaranteed.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southern Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waynesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company (Waynesboro, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied for position posted online. Was phoned for an interview a couple months later. There were no questions in the interview that asked anything about what I actually knew about Engineering. All questions pertained to how I interacted with people. 2 weeks passed when I received an email stating they had not decided on who they were going to hire. A few days later someone from HR called me to tell me my min salary was too high. (This was entered on my application I initially filled out.) I explained that I had simply put down my current salary. She told my the max they could pay was $20k less than what I listed. I agreed to the cut in order to gain a permanent job. After this conversation, I did not hear from them for 2 more weeks. I then received an email telling me would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected part was the lack of interest in my knowledge of Engineering.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied on line and was contacted by HR for a phone interview. The next step was to come on site for a panel interview. I was contacted by the hiring manager with an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in May 2011.

Interview

behavior interview where you are asked how would you respond to different scenarios or to provide different examples of experience related to the questions asked. group of three to four will be conducting the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern Company (Birmingham, AL) in February 2008.

Interview

It was a panel interview process, asked situational questions judged based on your ability to answer them. There was no right or wrong answers to the interview questions, so it's better to prepare for the interview way ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a team member that has attitude problem and doesn't cooperate.   Answer Question