Southern Illinois University Graduate Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern Illinois University Graduate Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Southern Illinois University

2.3

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

Very complimentary job interview process. Non-biased and very inclusive staff. There were several opportunities that were presented to me in regards to promotion, as well as substantial opportunities to build on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to start today?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southern Illinois University

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University.

Interview

Graduate assistant is just for graduate students in the school of medicine. Preparing the GRE Scores and transcripts, personal statement and application fee. The interview is via skype or phone if you are international applicants.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University in February 2007.

Interview

Pros
    Great pay and benefits.
    Cons
    Long hours, DM's are hired straight out of college and not promoted from within. This made for some really unprepared Dm's.
    Advice to Senior Management
    Hire from within and listen to your store managers. Don't treat your store managers like children. A degree does not qualify you to be a DM and hiring them so young is leaving your company open to potential lawsuits.

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

There is no interview. You apply and a granted a teaching position based on your portfolio of work and academic achievements. You are not expected to be an expert, and they offer a class to ensure that you have the necessary pedagogical insight to do well. There is ample training before the semester begins.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University.

Interview

It was quite enjoyable. They wanted to know about my experience with different cultures, and were looking for someone who wasn't hesitant to do anything, and I mean, anything. It's not like I was hired to do the dirty work because my boss was equally engaged in everything.

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

what languages are you good at and any prior experience in research. Can you handle the work and explained the total work which i found interesting. Can you handle the work and explained the total work which i found interesting

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying for dozens of positions, you have to hope you get a phone call. I have received one phone interview and one in person interview. Depending on the position, the questions differ. A main question seems to be what is your graduation date since they want someone to be around for at least a year to reduce turnover.

Interview Questions

• What is your anticipated graduation date?   1 Answer

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University.

Interview

Standard graduate school interview. Day long process. Met with current students and faculty. Dinner with current students. I received an offer two days following the interview. I enjoyed the interview. I was able to tour the campus. There were about 7 other students who were also interviewing that weekend

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University in August 2012.

Interview

It was a casual interview with basic working questions asked. I was called for an initial interview and was informed that I would know after all the interviews were over. She called before the weekend. It was professional and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• What is your supervisory experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

basic questions were asked in java like oop concepts ,COLLECTIONS, design patterns. Face to face interview, good experience, good and friendly communication.b Salary was good with fee waiver. Very good experience working there as a part of developing applications. The college is good with great professors.Learnt a lot from them

Interview Questions

• basic questions were asked in java like oop concepts ,COLLECTIONS, design patterns. Face to face interview, good experience, good and friendly communication   Answer Question