Southern Illinois University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Southern Illinois University

2.3

Webmaster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview consisted of a two - part process, one in which I showcased my understanding of certain web languages, learning ability, and adaptability. The other portion of the interview was more or less a personality review to ensure that I could work well with the team. I was shown the responsibilities that the job entails, and what tools would be used.

Interview Questions

• What web/scripting languages are you comfortable with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, as it is a student worker position.

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

This question is really not relevant to the process I went though. I was simply asked if I wanted the position and I accepted it. There is no need to offer any more detail than that because that is exactly how the process happened and it worked out quite nicely for me.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University.

Interview

awarded a grant for research,
    submitted an essay portraying what kind of research I would like to conduct and how I would conduct it and what relevance it had
    only 20 awarded that year

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

One to One meeting with related supervisor. They will ask you about the qualifications and previous skills you acquired from Universities or Jobs. Depending upon the current opportunities and openings they will ask you if you will be interested to work in that area or open to any other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to open up to new opportunities in the related field of interest?   Answer Question

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in August 2008.

Interview

The process was basic and involved multiple stages. The group interview was simple and basically checked your personality. The individual interviews were more personal and involved problem solving skills. The questions were very basic and you merely needed to answer honestly.

Interview Questions

• What type of tree would you be if you could be any type?   Answer Question

CMA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Springfield, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with charge nurse, office supervisor, and employee that referred me where they explained the position and days worked, showed me around the clinic, and introduced me to the doctor. This was followed by an official offer, background check, drug screen, and then on boarding.

Interview Questions

• In your current or a past position, how have you dealt with a difficult situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University in April 2010.

Interview

There was a 2 day interview process. Interviewed with all staff and faculty for program. Also, interviewed with Program Chair, School Dean, and HR Director. There was a teaching presentation. The interview members were both in person and on a telecom system. The organization paid for all travel expenses (for the interview).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University.

Interview

It was very relaxed and straightforward. Both interviewers were nice and made sure I was not nervous about anything. The environment was clean. It is a great place for a student to work !

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the call center?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

THe interview was short and focused mostly on customer service skills. The questions were easy to answer as long as you have a positive mental attitude. I was called first and had a longer interview, and then I met face to face to have another shorter interview. The questions were pretty general for any customer service job or retail job.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past in a situation with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was not to difficult I just had to send in a resume and my unofficial transcripts. The process is still ongoing so I am not sure where I stand, but thus far it has been easy to get through each and every individual step. Nothing to be intimidated about since it is an entry level job at a university made for college students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a set rate so there was no negotiation.