Southern New Hampshire University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern New Hampshire University Admissions Counselor Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.4

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in January 2016.

Interview

Went through a hiring agency, and met with a director of admission at a hotel to conduct an interview. It was very relaxed and very comfortable. We had a long conversation and I answered several questions before leaving. I was told that I would hear back in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to become an admission counselor?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southern New Hampshire University

Admission Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in September 2015.

Interview

National Employment handles all incoming hires. You will be paid $15 / hour during your 90 day temp period. During the temporary period your employment is incredibly tenuous and you will be terminated immediately if there's any indication at all that you aren't exactly what they want. During our two week training period, 30% of our class was terminated. After the training, 19 out of the 20 people that made it to "the floor" were retained and converted perm. If you're going to get launched, it will most likely be in the first two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't meet a goal and what you did about it   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. And although National Employment indicated that negotiation would be possible upon conversion to perm, that is not true. Everyone who was retained got another buck an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in July 2014.

Interview

Hired through temp agency. ~15 minute interview, just wanted to know more about you.Could have done over the phone, since the entire position was made up of over the phone communication. Expected more questions during the interview, but they were mass hiring (30+), so I guess they just needed bodies. once in the job, they freely fire based on skills/how easy you pick up the job.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

Lightning round 10 minute interview. Did not really ask me anything related to the position or higher education. I had my work experience in higher ed on my resume and they did not even ask me anything about it. It's like they did not care. It was a very odd process.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in July 2013.

Interview

Recruiter does screening and briefly asks about your sales background. They want someone who doesn't fear rejection or making tons of calls

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen to do sales so many times in your life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiatian, they know exactly what they'll pay