Southern New Hampshire University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in January 2019.

Interview

Partially online and then a 15 minute interview in person, got back to me very quickly, answered my emails for questions I had about the process, I enjoyed working with their HR department

Associate Dean Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in March 2013.

Interview

Standard Interview. Phone screen then conference call and then full day in-person meeting on site. All the right people within senior leadership made themselves available that day. Helped my decision.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to be a part of their university?   1 Answer

Online Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Bay, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Palm Bay, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

First one sends transcripts and work evaluations, then one is called for a phone interview.
    Know your answers to the common questions. I sue would recommend common phone practices for interviews, such as being upbeat, being prepared with your best answers, since they may interview many candidates.

There are several other steps to future evaluations, and a Dean may then examine many interviewees (even though i cannot verify that for certain.

Interview Questions

• How do you connect with an adult student?   1 Answer
    • How important is feedback?   1 Answer
    • Can you work well with a supervisor, or mentor, or head who audits your course frequently, to make certain that you are following all expectations.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University.

Interview

Filled out the application online. Then I received an email asking for my official transcripts and then it asked me to fill out a 'survey' The survey was basically my thoughts on higher education. About a week later they asked me for a phone interview and 4 references. Unfortunately there was not a lot of notice given, email then interview 2 days later. Still I had the interview but received a little attitude about only 2/4 references being filled out. Sorry but come on give people some time! Plus the phone interview was in the morning so it hadn't even been 48 hours since I sent them the request. Then I was told I'd hear back in less than a week and I did.

Overall it was a lot of work done really fast but then they were just as fast so thats nice.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a diverse population of students with different backgrounds and different educational strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University in November 2017.

Interview

It was a long drawn out process. The interviews were set up informally and it was a bit awkward. I was asked back for a second interview to meet with other members of the team and it ended up being a 4 person panel interview. Very unlike the first round. It's clear I wasn't the right fit for what they were looking for, so I feel like they wasted my time by drawing out the process. When I checked in with them a week after the second interview, they told me they were going to put off the decision for a few more weeks and then never got back to me.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in July 2019.

Interview

It was my second go around with SNHU, I had applied for advising, so I kind of knew what to expect, it is not very thorough, at least in the sense that they wanted to know anything job related. It was mostly things to do with emotional intelligence and "fit"

Interview Questions

• How have I grown in the intervening time between my first interview and this one   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in January 2016.

Interview

Went through a hiring agency, and met with a director of admission at a hotel to conduct an interview. It was very relaxed and very comfortable. We had a long conversation and I answered several questions before leaving. I was told that I would hear back in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking to become an admission counselor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in September 2015.

Interview

National Employment handles all incoming hires. You will be paid $15 / hour during your 90 day temp period. During the temporary period your employment is incredibly tenuous and you will be terminated immediately if there's any indication at all that you aren't exactly what they want. During our two week training period, 30% of our class was terminated. After the training, 19 out of the 20 people that made it to "the floor" were retained and converted perm. If you're going to get launched, it will most likely be in the first two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you didn't meet a goal and what you did about it   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. And although National Employment indicated that negotiation would be possible upon conversion to perm, that is not true. Everyone who was retained got another buck an hour.

Adjunct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Forms and surveys for references and a questionnaire must be submitted before interview. First interview 30 min over the phone. Overall pretty quick and efficient in how they process a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Role of higher ed? Trends in higher ed?   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in July 2013.

Interview

Recruiter does screening and briefly asks about your sales background. They want someone who doesn't fear rejection or making tons of calls

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen to do sales so many times in your life.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiatian, they know exactly what they'll pay

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in July 2014.

Interview

Hired through temp agency. ~15 minute interview, just wanted to know more about you.Could have done over the phone, since the entire position was made up of over the phone communication. Expected more questions during the interview, but they were mass hiring (30+), so I guess they just needed bodies. once in the job, they freely fire based on skills/how easy you pick up the job.