Southern New Hampshire University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.6

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH).

Interview

Extremely unprofessional. A recruiter with some memorized questions and taking notes... No questions about the professional experience and subject matter expert. It shows that the dean of the school doesn't care about his team even he doesn't have time to conduct interview himself.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with students of diverse backgrounds?   Answer Question

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University in November 2017.

Interview

Overall good. It was weird at first talking through a computer but easy to get used to. The questions were fair, and pertained to the job which is sometimes rare these days

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a struggling student.   1 Answer

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH).

Interview

15 minute situational interview with members of upper management to determine experience and fit in a relaxed environment. This interview felt more like a conversation than an interview. There was also an initial skype interview and phone screening with the staffing agency prior to the in person interview.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH).

Interview

Started with an email asking me to partake in a web-based interview that was to be recorded. Thought it was corny at first but once I did it the questions were great and thought to myself why don't most places do this, so much more efficient. Then in person following that, which people mentioned the recorded answers I gave, impressed.

Interview Questions

• Great behavioral type of questions, follow ups on follow-ups. Really made me think.   Answer Question

Business Development Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in August 2017.

Interview

Southern New Hampshire University used a digital interview, powered by HireVue. This was highly impersonal, awkward and frankly demeaning. There is time to practice and find the proper background and position the PC camera. For those not of the selfie generation this is an awkward process.

Lead Faculty Interview

Application

Interview

Process began with an interview with the Dean followed by a group interview. Group interview was round robin style of Q&A. Followed by one on one with Chief Nursing Officer.

Interview Questions

• Experience with data management.   1 Answer

Adjunct Professor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University.

Interview

I was recommended for the job from a former adjunct; I interviewed with the dean and the chair of the department for about an hour. It was very quick and easy and was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience in the field and teaching   1 Answer

Adjunct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Forms and surveys for references and a questionnaire must be submitted before interview. First interview 30 min over the phone. Overall pretty quick and efficient in how they process a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Role of higher ed? Trends in higher ed?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University.

Interview

Filled out the application online. Then I received an email asking for my official transcripts and then it asked me to fill out a 'survey' The survey was basically my thoughts on higher education. About a week later they asked me for a phone interview and 4 references. Unfortunately there was not a lot of notice given, email then interview 2 days later. Still I had the interview but received a little attitude about only 2/4 references being filled out. Sorry but come on give people some time! Plus the phone interview was in the morning so it hadn't even been 48 hours since I sent them the request. Then I was told I'd hear back in less than a week and I did.

Overall it was a lot of work done really fast but then they were just as fast so thats nice.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a diverse population of students with different backgrounds and different educational strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Director of Admission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, NH) in March 2017.

Interview

Conducted a phone interview first. The face to face interview included ample time to meet with senior leadership, the direct supervisor, and the team. I wish there had been a bit more time to get to know the team and ask further questions, but I still felt like the community and team were able to get to know me, my skills, and that I had time to give my best.