Southern Wine & Spirits of America Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 103 of over 103 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Southern Wine & Spirits of America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Syosset, NY)

Interview

A HR employee contacted me to set up an interview with her manager. I met the manager who was nice. She did ask several opened ended interview questions, and I found it difficult to come up with some answers on the spot as I was nervous. I don't think the job was the right fit for me, and I did not get an offer, but I did appreciate that they considered me for the position and sent me a polite email letting me know they chose someone else.

Interview Questions
  • "Name a time when you were given complex information on the job and how you dealt with that." "Lots of "Name a time" questions with different scenarios. Not a big fan of open ended interview questions, but unfortunately you have to be prepared for them. I think I was asked at least 5 of them.
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Miramar, FL) in Nov 2016

Interview

Two person to one interview. Personality and background history questions with an emphasis on sales. Big company with lots of employees and divisions. They usually hire from within so it's difficult to get in. They like persistence and that go getter never give up attitude.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Orlando, FL)

Interview

The interviewers were very knowledgeable and knew exactly what they were looking for. The atmosphere was awesome and they made you feel relaxed. Very open and honest discussion. Behaved like they were a family rather than just a company. Made you feel as if you would be missing something not working for them

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Columbia, SC)

Interview

Met with several executives who needed assistance. Everyone was very nice, but they couldn't promise growth potential and were unwilling to negotiate on salary. I was not intending to remain an EA and was hoping to utilize this position as a stepping stone to move further through the company, ideally into a Representative position.

Interview Questions
  • Past experience and why I wanted to work with their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Sacramento, CA) in Aug 2016

Interview

A 4 person panel consisting of 3 no-personality sticks and one outgoing nice person with what seems is a person happy with their career. They were more interested in telling me how much of a family they were "ya right" than actually finding out how I can be a positive force for their company.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever heard of Southern Spirits and Wine, if answer is Yes, be prepared to tell them what you know.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Buffalo, NY) in Jul 2016

Interview

Applied online, contacted by HR from another city, scheduled an interview.Overall interview was pretty basic for a typical sales position. Professional, to the point, with a list of corporate style sales questions you may hear in any sales position. The operation did not seem overly organized though, and there was little to know training process for the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

I applied for the Chain Sales Merchandiser Position online and was contacted shortly thereafter to set up an interview. I interviewed with two managers and they asked general questions that they said they ask every person applying for the job. They were taking notes to record my answers and told me I would hear back from HR within a few weeks after the interview. It was a very comfortable environment and my interviewers made me feel at ease throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you made a decision that backfired on you. What would you do differently if you could go back?
  • Name a time when you collaborated with other people. What was the result?
  • Name a time when you had to work with a difficult coworker/peer. What actions did you engage in to overcome this? What was the result?
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Tacoma, WA) in Mar 2016

Interview

I was called in for three separate interviews, and was never contacted again as to whether they were interested in me for the position, or had hired some one else. After three interviews I really feel like they should give the applicant some kind of a response one way or the other if they were interested. Very disappointing!!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Miramar, FL) in Jan 2016

Interview

Got a 3 hour interview with 3 different upper management thru a recruiter. Each one of the managers that interview me was very pleasant and direct. All questions were about work, my experience and their expectations of the person getting the position.

Interview Questions
  • Number of SKU's managed Years of experience with the system Any experience leading teams Amount of inventory managed in US$
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Cincinnati, OH) in Dec 2015

Interview

Fairly standard interview questions in the beginning , and then they use the STAR method based interview question by discussing the specific situation, task, action, and result of the situation you are describing. I had a phone interview first, and then was called back a few days later to schedule an in-person interview. I interview with two individuals who I would potentially report to. Seemed like a fun place to work, and I had a positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • Q. Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way. Q. Describe a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures. Q. Give me an example of a time when something you tried to accomplish and failed.
2 people found this interview helpful