Southern Wine & Spirits of America Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern Wine & Spirits of America Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at Southern Wine & Spirits of America

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Tucson, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview usually questions. Drug test, background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Southern Wine & Spirits of America

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America in February 2013.

Interview

5 step interview process, ride along, panel interview, phone interview, one on one, 4 month long process. start date immediately after hire, immediately train and begin working independently, trained on all technology

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

One time face-to-face interview with the Director of Sales and a Division Manager.

Interview Questions

• You will be doing a lot of lifting in support of the sales rep., are you willing to do the grunt work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

Very quick, general questions about past

Interview Questions

Negotiation

quick easy

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Normal deal. Meet in conference room. 2 people. Started out chatting about backgrounds, then to "why did you apply here", then down a list of required questions to which they had to note your answers for your file I suppose. Then we chatted about time frames to hire and to get promoted to sales position (was told promotion after 3 months if I did well and position was open, they had no idea of hire date even though they needed me ASAP).
    They were helpful and fun, not stress giving. Decent all around. Oh, except Google maps had the location wrong which made me late.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest achievement   2 Answers
    • how positive a person are you?   Answer Question
    • describe when you've taken initiative at work (or similar)   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America in September 2014.

Interview

Applied via a buddy of mine. Since I knew somebody on the inside, it wasn't that long of a waiting game until hearing back. Met with the merchandiser supervisor. HR called the following week to set up the interview with one of the higher ups. Was working not long after that.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you, why do you want to work here, what are your goals, typical stuff   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

The interview literally only lasted 15 minutes and it was just a one on one interview with the regional manager. During our fifteen minutes he just asked me three questions and then explained the job.

Interview Questions

• How many times a day or week would you contact your manager?

Why do you wanna work for Southern Wine and Spirits?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with a Director of Sales and a Division Manager. The process was relaxed and friendly at their offices. They read off some standard questions, process took about 30 minutes. I got an offer a week later and went through the on-boarding process which took a couple of weeks, For the off-premise (retail) side of the business product knowledge was not as critical as it is for on-premise.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard interview questions like what do you know about SWS, the three tier system, why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Sacramento, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

A 4 person panel consisting of 3 no-personality sticks and one outgoing nice person with what seems is a person happy with their career. They were more interested in telling me how much of a family they were "ya right" than actually finding out how I can be a positive force for their company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever heard of Southern Spirits and Wine, if answer is Yes, be prepared to tell them what you know.   1 Answer