Southern Wine & Spirits of America Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern Wine & Spirits of America Sales Representative Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Albany, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief and Direct Interview Process. They had pre-printed interview questions provided by corporate. It was dry and unimaginative. They made me sell them a pen, other than that, I was never really put on the spot. They also asked what they thought it meant to be a great sales representative. I applied for a combination of wine and liquor sales. It seems as if their sales goals (set by corporate) are barely achievable. They set 20 standards for each wine and liquor, for a total of 40. You have to meet 76% of the 40, once every 6 months or you get written up. It seems as if 76% once every 6 months is the benchmark, then the sales goals are somewhat unrealistic.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel when someone says 'no'?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Southern Wine & Spirits of America

Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Syosset, NY).

Interview

Met with General Manager and Director of Sales on two occasions and was asked a series of questions about my wine knowledge, desire to join their team, what I thought my strengths would be going into an industry like the wine business.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

Fairly easy, no hard hitting questions. 2 people were in the office interviewing me and explaining what the job entails and asked about my past experience in the industry. They made me feel very comfortable and it felt more like a conversation than an interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Tampa, FL).

Interview

well a trip to Tampa and after about 15 questions and after you are hired you have to ride with a truck driver , to learn what it's all about..

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Southern...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was one on one with a sales manager. Very laid back, informative and pleasant. Nothing like other interviews I had been to. No canned questions (what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc). He answered a lot of my questions concerning the position, company hierarchy and how to handle some difficult scenarios.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this job requires of you?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America in June 2015.

Interview

Brief interview, discussed my history and the workings of Southern Wine and Spirits. Asked easy questions, didn't seem concerned about education background. I was told I would here back by the end of the next week and i never heard from them. I felt very good after the interview, emailed after a week, and never got a response back.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the table that would improve sales and productivity?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

basic interview, make sure you study about the company because they ask you questions. Explain how you will be an asset to the company (sales driven, self starter). You will have two interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the district manager. Its not that bad just be prepared!!!

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

Long. You may will like they are leaving you out in the dark. I had to call them to see if the process is still going. At one point, I felt like I was not going to get hired

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America.

Interview

At his stage, the recruiter will review your resume, and gauge whether you fit the requirements of the company. Be prepared to discuss your background, education and experience; you will be required to provide and detail relevant information about your professional past. A time that is mutually acceptable by both parties may be set for the next stage.This second interview involves meeting your prospective superior(s) and possibly other employees.
    The department head, or the individual in the company to whom you will be responsible, will further investigate the depth and breadth of your professional skills and determine whether you are the right applicant for the position in question.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Wine & Spirits of America (Denver, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

First interview was with hiring manager and was done over the phone. Then the general manager on-premise in-person followed by one on one with General Manager of all sales and then President.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an angry account called you after business hours to complain about a delivery not showing up?   1 Answer