Southwest Airlines Assistant Dispatcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Assistant Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process for me consisted of three parts. The first part was a phone interview - this was pretty easy, just talking to someone in HR. From there I was asked to come up to take a test and fill out a job application. Southwest did fly me up and back for this. I initially thought the test would be graded right away and if you passed, you would go to the next step in the interview process, but this was not the case. I took the test and filled out the application, and was told they'd get back to me. I evidently passed the test because I did get called back for an interview about a week later, and they flew me up to Dallas once again. However, I was very unimpressed with this interview - it seemed rushed, only taking about 30 minutes, and they did not even take me for a tour of the office I would have been working in. I've worked in this field a long time for several different airlines and this is only the second time I didn't get to take a tour of the work area - that was a big negative for me. Perhaps if they are impressed with you then they offer you a tour, I'm not sure. Anyhow, after all of this process, when I got the email telling me I wasn't selected, it wasn't even addressed to me personally - rather sent out by an HR assistant with the header "Dear Assistant Dispatch Candidate." After all the time I put into the process I felt like they could have at least addressed me by my name.

Interview Questions

• If the weather has gone down at your destination and the flight was dispatched without an alternate, what would you do?   4 Answers