Southwest Airlines Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from recruiter and was scheduled for a phone interview. The interview was more of a resume walkover and sharing information on both ends. Recruiter spent some initial minutes in describing the role. Later on the recruiter asked my experience in various projects and roles. Rejected because I wasn't passionate enough to answer why you want to join Southwest.

Interview Questions

• Be very passionate while answering why you want to join Southwest.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screen and was invited to a super day, did not attend super day due to scheduling conflict, but it was an easy interview and it was unfortunate I did not get to attend.

Interview Questions

• Why the airline industry and more specifically why us?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

The description was inaccurate. They were seeking a data analyst not a business analyst. For a BA, it's a documentation role. Data analyst is a technical role and the skills required in that were not of a BA. I recommend they analyze their job descriptions carefully.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position 4/2015 and got a phone interview with their people department in 5/2015. She wants to bring me in for the interview with the hiring manager and will send my contact info to the person scheduling the meeting. She mentioned that the process will take a while and just bear with them. 1 week passed by and nothing from SW. I called back with confirmation and she stated the same...to bear with them. Another week went by nothing at all. I called and sent email and no response from her. She finally responded 1 week later and for me to hold on little longer. The following week, I got system generated email pretty much, thanks but no thanks...and nothing from HR.

For SW to have such good reviews about their company - their HR department really needs some work.

Interview Questions

• The typical HR questions - What were you doing at your current job and why do you want to leave your current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. General introduction of the position and the expectations of the job. Moved onto behavioral questions on my resume and background. Ended with an open Q&A for any questions I had about the position or the company.

I was told this was a entry level position and they were looking at other candidates that are recent college grad or current college students. I have been working in the industry for about 3 years now.

They did not extend me a second round interview. They encouraged me to apply to the "business" side at SW and that I am a really great fit in the company. The reason is my experience is lacking in documentation & gathering requirements and they could not pass up on other candidates who have more experience.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with documentation and gathering requirements?

What experience do you have working with other teams to solve a problem?

What coding languages are you familiar with and have a working knowledge to communicate with the tech teams?

Explain why you chose your college major and what career aspirations do you have in the future?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Screened by recruiter. Resume was submitted directly by recruiter. Interview was scheduled. Group interview on site. Interview lasted 1 hour. Was offered position approx. 10 days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly rate was determined prior to interview. Had to agree to accept rate prior to interview.