Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.5

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Station Administrator  Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Apply for station administrator position on May 23rd received a phone call for a phone interview on May 30th from the phone interview got a face to face interview for June 2nd, interview went very well the ladies were so nice after the face to face interview they told me they was sending my information to background and it will take up to 4 weeks 5 days after that I got an offer for the position and went and did my drug test and fingerprint today.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online in August, and did not hear back until about mid October to complete a questionnaire. I completed a phone interview in the beginning of December, and was told I'd be either accepted for a face to face interview or declined within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an emergency situation you were in and how did you handle it. Why do you want to be a flight attendant? Why did you choose Southwest?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I first applied for the position over a year ago and for some reason they said I withdrew from the process when I actually responded to continue the process when emailed asking if I was still interested. I'm not sure if that was the result of something else but I then applied again a few months ago when the process opened back up again. I had to answer a questionnaire and also had to complete a form for work and education history. Right after completing that I was contacted with the date and time of my phone interview. Thanks to this site I was prepared for the questions they asked. The questions were typical and straightforward, however I think I may not have spoke enough because my interview was only about 18 minutes and that may have been a factor against me. Unfortunately I was contacted a week later informing me that I was not selected to be interviewed further.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?
      What do you do during down time?
      Are you willing to relocate?
      Describe an emergency situation you've been in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was as expected, the interviewer was a nice woman in Dallas who asked a lot about my work history for the past decade then about a week later I had my in person interview. I was a nervous reck but they moved me along in the process. I did my fingerprints that day at the office and drug screening same day (you have 48 hrs) at a off site 3rd party place. I think the people I've met at southwest are seriously some of the nicest people I have ever met lol, not saying much coming from the US Marines and several other mostly military personnel filled positions. I have not gotten a offer yet because I am still in the background check phase but hopeful!
    The interview process is great, the background checks are thorough. Very Very Very Thorough. lol

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

EASY - Typical questions as listed prior. The worst recruitment ever - applied online in April, over the phone interview in early June, face to face interview in late June was told after 2-4 week background check I would start my training late August. After sending the same info over and over again to 4 different ppl at SW and another company Sterling (background checks). I called and asked for the status of my background check. I later received an email stating I had passed my background and I can start training in October for $13.10 an hour. has been the worst and longest plius manipulating expierence ever. I spent time going back and forth, countless faxes and emails for Half a year spent on chasing a entry level job for $13.10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SWA?   1 Answer
    • How do you bring humor or laughter to work?   1 Answer
    • What order does the employee mean to SWA?

Employee - Customer - Stockholders   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

The Initial step was filing out the application on line.Three to Four weeks weeks later I received a phone call from Southwest HR in Dallas and was scheduled for a short 15 minute phone interview. The phone interview was simple and not very involved. It consisted mostly of questions about my previous work history, specifically manual labor and customer service. After passing the phone interview I was scheduled for a F2F interview two weeks later. The F2F was conducted by two Southwest Airline employees. This interview was short, lasting about 30 minutes. The interview again inquired about previous work history, focusing on manual labor and customer service.

Interview Questions

• What 5 words would you used to describe your work ethic?
      How would you handle a situation where one member of the team was not contributing to the effort?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online months ago.
    Randomly got a phone call to set up a phone interview.
    2 days later got the phone interview (Easy)
    Was set up a f2f interview at the end of the phone interview
    2 weeks later went to f2f interview
    Don't sweat it, they ask a lot about previous employment questions and scenerios.
    They will either tell you at the end they accept you or they'll call you in a couple weeks,.
    I was accepted on the spot, did fingerprint check and drug screen. (you have 48 hours to do so)

Today was my f2f so now I just wait for them to check my background and drug screen which can take up to 6 weeks she said. Hopefully all goes well! Hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Why southwest? Problem ever with an employee? A time you took action at work? Availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

A joke anyone could work there. They hire anyone just to fill gaps. I was there for a few weeks of training and someone stole my wallet and my keys and it was a joke management didn't care or anything

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for southwest   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an email from a contact out of state instructing me to complete a secondary application online within 48 hrs. Then I quickly received a phone call for a phone interview. I declined 40 seconds in to the call because the starting rate is 10.24 per hour and you do not have the option to not join the union.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online in October of 2015, and received a email to do some more in depth information around the beginning of December, 10 year work history, education and some other personal info. And was instructed to call the recruiter once I had completed everything to set up a phone interview. So I completed everything and called the recruiter and left a voicemail, I got a call back from her the next day asking if I could do the phone interview around 3pm that afternoon. So I agreed, and she gave me a call around 3 minutes to 3, she was very friendly and made the interview process pretty smooth to be honest. She asked me about previous work history and asked me a few other questions which included why choose southwest over all the other airlines? I answered the questions as profoundly as I could. I got a good vibe from her just hearing my answers to her questions so I'm excited to hear back from her. She stated that she would get back to me either by phone or email in the next few days, so hopefully I hear from her pretty soon about the f2f interview and potentially an offer.