Southwest Airlines Customer Care Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Customer Care Representative Interview Questions

2.5

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

EASY - Typical questions as listed prior. The worst recruitment ever - applied online in April, over the phone interview in early June, face to face interview in late June was told after 2-4 week background check I would start my training late August. After sending the same info over and over again to 4 different ppl at SW and another company Sterling (background checks). I called and asked for the status of my background check. I later received an email stating I had passed my background and I can start training in October for $13.10 an hour. has been the worst and longest plius manipulating expierence ever. I spent time going back and forth, countless faxes and emails for Half a year spent on chasing a entry level job for $13.10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SWA?   1 Answer
  • How do you bring humor or laughter to work?   1 Answer
  • What order does the employee mean to SWA?

Employee - Customer - Stockholders   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online by submitting my resume. About a week later I was invited to complete an online application if I was still interested providing my ten year work history. Two days later I got a call for a phone interview. I declined to move forward has the recruiter mentioned I would have to travel to Dallas for five weeks to complete training. I was unaware training would be out of state.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online October 8th. Was called October 19th for a phone interview appointment for the next day. Had my phone interview as scheduled; the interviewer was very friendly and fun. At the conclusion of the interview, I was PROMISED I would hear back by phone or email within TWO weeks as to whether I was among the fortunate few that would be moving on to an in-person interview. Two weeks passed and no notice. I let it go because I know they were phone-interviewing approximately 400 of the 800 who applied (I asked). Another week went by and still no response. So I emailed the woman who first contacted me by email with no response. I called the woman who interviewed me, but her voicemail answered. Three days later I finally got the rejection email. All told, the entire process from application to rejection was 40 days, and included 13 days of not receiving the correspondence I had been promised.

Nevertheless, I still respect SWA and will be a regular customer of theirs in the future. Truth be told, I wasn't going to be a good fit for the job. I just was willing to do the grunt work for 12-24 months to eventually post out to positions that would fit me better.

Interview Questions

• Same standard phone-interview questions so many others have posted here... no surprises if you read the other postings and be ready to answer those questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Antonio, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview about a week later. Before the phone interview was over, I was invited to a 1:1 interview. I was also told to expect an email with further instructions. The email contained the background check information as well as the drug screening process.

1:1 interview went well. I felt I was overly qualified but have been told by other SWA employees to take what is available to simply get into the system. A couple of days after the interview, I was called and offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Union job, so no negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2010.

Interview

I had a phone interview with southwest airlines. At this time, I have been asked to come to an information session. Im not certain if this will be a panel interview, they just said information session. I was hoping to find out infomration on what to expect.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Called in for face to face interview...Asked various questions, non which related to my actual experience more to why I would want to work for Southwest Airlines

Interview Questions

• I expected to give details of my job history but instead it was more of a personality review..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Many stages of hiring process which they keep you well informed of at each step..

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2011.

Interview

Some phone tag time, but overall reasonable response time. First had an 'over the phone' interview, followed with clear instructions to complete paperwork and drug test and background testing, which was to completed after the phone and office 'one on one' interviews completed. The rest of the process was fairly fast and then 2 weeks wait there after till training class began. Trained for 6 weeks then entered into job position. Is followed with 90 day eval and 6 mos probation.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard or unexpected. Basically wanted to know if I was prepared to enter into a really structured environment after discussing my former job duties (which I had been in customer care for many years at my last job).   1 Answer
    • Asked why I was leaving my last job   1 Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2011.

Interview

I received an email asking if I was still interested in a position. If so, I was given a phone number to call. I called and had a telephone interview. At the end of the telephone interview I was invited to come in for an in-person interview. 4 days after the in-person interview I was called and informed that the position was being offered to me as long as I passed drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult customer care experience and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • How will you handle the stress of working in a challenging environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Union position, non negotiable.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online a month ago and received a phone call last thursday. Friday she called me back and gave me a phone interview. She told me they would let me know in a few days their decision. I dont know if that is a good thing or bad thing. I have prior airline customer service experience and also flight attendant experience. I also went to a travel and tourism school which also trained in airlines. I am hoping to get the call for the next step.

Interview Questions

• what did I know about Southwest Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Could I describe what an Customer Service representives duties include.   Answer Question