Southwest Airlines Customer Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Customer Representative Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Had two phone interviews and then was flown to Dallas. I was asked to write a response e-mail to a customer scenario and then did an interview with two managers. Interview was great! Both managers were super friendly and did lots to put me at ease. They were easy going and made the interview fun.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Customer Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2010.

Interview

You have a phone interview first. Then a week later you are called to schedule an in person interview. If you do well, you are scheduled for a drug test and background test, in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for Southwest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

applied online about 2 weeks later received an email saying respond within 48 hours for a telephone interview. After passing telephone interview you are then set up with a face to face interview, was offered job on the spot pending background and drug test. First day you are flown down to Dallas for 2 days to learn culture of southwest and orientation plus, ID pictures are taken. Fun process you will be very excited! I was at least!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for southwest Airlines   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation Reservations is apart of the IAM union your raises are negotiated already

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied on line and heard back in a few days and was given a very friendly and easy phone interview, then offered a face-to-face. Got to my interview 30 minutes early and still had to wait for an hour. Everyone was very friendly and nice, but the office was very dated and all the cubicles were packed together in tight rows. The interviewers were very friendly. I did some research before I went and learned that they receive over 200K resumes yearly and hire 1% of those. Two weeks later I got a denial email which again was very courteous. They are obviously very aware that everyone is a potential customer and try not to upset anyone. Casual and warm environment.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Customer Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email inviting me for a phone interview. Did the phone interview. Got an email for a face to face interview. Did that and got hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you turned an angry customer around.   Answer Question

Customer Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2010.

Interview

I received a call to set up a call for a phone interview. The recruiter called 15 minutes late, obviously had not read my resume and I could hear her drinking a beverage/chewing gum. During the call, I was asked if I had read the job description. After stating I had, the woman then read it to me and asked me to state it in my own words. I found this to be very poor in that as I had stated I had - asking me to state my understanding would be a way of ascertaining if I had a clear understanding. She then asked if I would fit in the uniform and yelled at me for not having the exact dates on my resume (like 1/1/2010). Not surprisingly, I received a rejection letter. What was surprising was that it contained 8 grammar errors, 2 different types of font and 3 sizes of font. SW used to have a great reputation - how it can last with this recruiting team is beyond me. Maybe because they hire only people who are grateful to drink the kool-aid?

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit if you don't have any experience?   1 Answer