Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 16, 2017

2.4

104 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

Southwest has a lengthy application process, and after completing it expect to receive a generic "application denied" email. You could be 100% qualified and they won't even give you a face to face interview. I honestly don't know what SWA is looking for in an entry level customer service candidate because they won't provide me with any feedback.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. 3 days later I Received a phone call from a recruiter to schedule an interview. Did my phone interview (20 minutes) . Real easy. He only asked questions about my resume. Got a call back the same day to schedule my F2F. Had my F2F last Tuesday. Real easy as well. They Asked behavioral questions. Got an email this morning & I got the job 🙃

Interview Questions

• A time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

I applied on line, had a phone interview which had very basic questions. I got a face to face interview,it wasn't difficult either. I decided to take myself out of the running once I came to understand the hours. I was asked several times if I was willing to work all shifts including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime. And I absolutely would. The truth I found out was you wont see a day shift for over a year unless you're in training or at a very small airport. You bid on your schedule and those with seniority choose first and of course take the best shifts. Most often you'll work 5 pm and later and often graveyard shifts,. I really wanted to work for SWA for multiple reasons, but honestly don't know how anyone who has family they want to see, can work here. They made it clear the first few years you are at work more than at home and its just the price you pay. You also have to get someone to cover your shift if you want off and there is a system in place where you pay them, out of your pocket, to get someone to take your shift. Otherwise you're out of luck. There is also manadatory overtime. You get paid double for it but it is truly mandatory and common to find out right before you clock out. If you work over time because you pick up a shift, you get time and a hlaf plus whatever that employee said they'd pay you. My advice is ask good questions and truly understand what you'd be signing up for.

SOOOO many great things about this company, but is it really the only way to staff the customer serive position? Its just my opnion but if they made scheudles rotate they would get and retain great employees. They say they can't because they'd lose those who enjoy the benefits of seniority. Reminds me of how our country would be better off with all elected offcials having term limits, but the people in charge of changing such laws enjoy the perks of not having them. I think SWA is missing out on some real talent and quality employees trying to hire only those who are willing to work such crazy hours for such a long period of time. Seems archaic to me.
    With all that said, I'd love to work for them if this changed. Great benefits, and every person I spoke to or met was great! I'd truly enjoy serving the public in this venue, but not at the cost of seeing my family.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest? Why customer service? What do you like and dont like about customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday, a few days later I received an email and phone call from a recruiter setting up an interview for the following Tuesday. She also emailed an application to fill out. My phone interview then got rescheduled for a few days later after the interviewer missed my first one. The phone interview was on Friday. It went well. She went over pay, position, and job history. Asked a few questions about how I have handled myself in certain situations. She said I would know by the end of next week if I was moving on.

The following Monday I received a call from the recruiter to schedule a face to face interview for 3 weeks out. I was also asked to fix one date on my employment application as quickly as possible.

My interview was at the call center in Oklahoma City. I came early and waited in the waiting area for a few other applicants to come in, then we were given a short tour around the building. They took us to a room they called the hospitality room with a big conference table and several team leaders that were answering any questions that anyone had. They offered drinks and snacks. We talked and asked questions while we waited for an interviewer to come call our name.

My interviewer was awesome. She had an amazing personality and made me feel really comfortable. We chatted about my work history and how I've handled different situations. I was asked similar questions to the phone interview but it was so much easier and more relaxed. Really fantastic interview. At the end I was told they wanted to move forward and of course I was ecstatic! I was taken to another room and fingerprinted and signed a form for a background check. I received an offer of employment pending my background check and was told I would hear from then in a few weeks. So excited!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Customer Service Agent?
      Why do you want to work for Southwest?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for someone.
      Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult guest.
      How do you handle it if you have a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Sacramento, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call months after applied not realizing it was my 1st interview. We chatted for about 20 minutes and she invited me in for a f2f interview. The f2f interview was short and sweet and a week later they told me they want to move forward with hiring me

Interview Questions

• What's your availability look like   1 Answer
    • When is a time you went above and beyond for a coworker   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

After receiving email for telephone interview...so excited! I had the telephone interview and it went well...so I thought. Appointment was made for 1X1 interview approximately 2 weeks later. Went for 1x1 interview & thought it also went well until I received email 6 days later....4 business days...saying I had not been selected for position. Very disappointing! Will continue to try.....really believe I would be great at this position and I really believe that my values go well with SWA values of providing Exceptional customer service and going the extra mile!

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your current job?   2 Answers

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

I applied almost two months ago and I still haven't received any information. The application still says "received submission" under the status which is frustrating. I'm hoping they get back to me soon.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly short phone interview (20mins) and the recruiter asked a few questions. She also detailed the position duties, pay, and benefits. We reviewed requirements for the position as well.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer went over benefits and the job description, then asked about why I left all previous jobs. Also asked about how many years of customer service experience I had. Now I'm waiting to hear if I got a F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you like about helping customers?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied via internet about 2 months ago and got an email to fill out employee history about 2 weeks ago. Iafter i filled out the employee history, i got a phone interview. I then advanced to getting a f2f interview which is tomorrow.