Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated May 28, 2017

2.4

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

After receiving email for telephone interview...so excited! I had the telephone interview and it went well...so I thought. Appointment was made for 1X1 interview approximately 2 weeks later. Went for 1x1 interview & thought it also went well until I received email 6 days later....4 business days...saying I had not been selected for position. Very disappointing! Will continue to try.....really believe I would be great at this position and I really believe that my values go well with SWA values of providing Exceptional customer service and going the extra mile!

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your current job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

I applied almost two months ago and I still haven't received any information. The application still says "received submission" under the status which is frustrating. I'm hoping they get back to me soon.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly short phone interview (20mins) and the recruiter asked a few questions. She also detailed the position duties, pay, and benefits. We reviewed requirements for the position as well.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer went over benefits and the job description, then asked about why I left all previous jobs. Also asked about how many years of customer service experience I had. Now I'm waiting to hear if I got a F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you like about helping customers?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied via internet about 2 months ago and got an email to fill out employee history about 2 weeks ago. Iafter i filled out the employee history, i got a phone interview. I then advanced to getting a f2f interview which is tomorrow.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

So learning experience, i went calm and prepared for my interview and demonstrate that i was the right candidate and i was passionate about customer service. They are son friendly and kind. The recruiter was so nice and friendly and first i pass the interview on the phone and then two weeks later i went to face to face interview and i pass and take the offer. So excited. They even huge me . Best airline you could work. They really care for you and feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I was told phone interview would be approximately 10 minutes. The initial questions required a "yes" or "no" response. These questions included the hourly rate, working holidays and working mandatory overtime.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application on-line and had a phone interview a week and a half later. My rep went over my application with me, asked questions about jobs, and simple questions like why do I want to work for southwest, where do I see myself in 3 to 5 years, what do I know about the job. He told me that they would be in contact with me by the end of the week If I got a phone call it meant they wanted to move forward and if I got an email it meant they were not interested. With in an hour I got an email that stated that they wanted to move forward and it gave me a face to face interview day and time. I had my interview three days later at the airport. In the face to face interview they repeated the questions as to why I want to work at Southwest and where I see myself in 3 to 5 years with the company. They explained how lines can be long customers can be grumpy and the job is stressful and how do I handle those types of situations. They also made a point to go over my past jobs being part time and even though this is a part-time position the hours are more full-time and to make sure I could handle full-time. I did not feel like I convinced them that I have no problem working full-time. I tried but she seemed hesitant to believe me. The interview was very laid-back and friendly. They said I would hear from them within the next four weeks but I noticed that they invited some people to stay and fill out paperwork so I don't expect an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

First there is a phone interview, Please be very excited about the position. You must show that you know customer service and you know the culture and values that southwest live by. You must show that you enthusiastic about your position and your willing to work flexible hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a customer who turn out to be IRATE?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Dec. 12, phone interview Dec. 14, F2F scheduled for Dec 15.

Turned down offer to drive to Washington DC for F2F interview. Starting pay is $13/hr which is not enough for me to be able to relocate, unfortunately.