Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application on-line and had a phone interview a week and a half later. My rep went over my application with me, asked questions about jobs, and simple questions like why do I want to work for southwest, where do I see myself in 3 to 5 years, what do I know about the job. He told me that they would be in contact with me by the end of the week If I got a phone call it meant they wanted to move forward and if I got an email it meant they were not interested. With in an hour I got an email that stated that they wanted to move forward and it gave me a face to face interview day and time. I had my interview three days later at the airport. In the face to face interview they repeated the questions as to why I want to work at Southwest and where I see myself in 3 to 5 years with the company. They explained how lines can be long customers can be grumpy and the job is stressful and how do I handle those types of situations. They also made a point to go over my past jobs being part time and even though this is a part-time position the hours are more full-time and to make sure I could handle full-time. I did not feel like I convinced them that I have no problem working full-time. I tried but she seemed hesitant to believe me. The interview was very laid-back and friendly. They said I would hear from them within the next four weeks but I noticed that they invited some people to stay and fill out paperwork so I don't expect an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Southwest?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I was told phone interview would be approximately 10 minutes. The initial questions required a "yes" or "no" response. These questions included the hourly rate, working holidays and working mandatory overtime.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

First there is a phone interview, Please be very excited about the position. You must show that you know customer service and you know the culture and values that southwest live by. You must show that you enthusiastic about your position and your willing to work flexible hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a customer who turn out to be IRATE?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Dec. 12, phone interview Dec. 14, F2F scheduled for Dec 15.

Turned down offer to drive to Washington DC for F2F interview. Starting pay is $13/hr which is not enough for me to be able to relocate, unfortunately.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick once it got started. I received a phone call from a recruiter in December asking to schedule a time to do a phone interview. About a week later I did the phone interview and I was told I would receive a call back if they were interested in moving me forward to the next process. I received the call back about 3 days later to schedule a face to face interview. (This part of the process took about 10 days).

I was offered the position during the interview, but had to do a background/drug test before any official offer could be made.

Always have a positive attitude from start to finish. Even after you get the job!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Southwest?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Very simple process. I submitted my application online. Within a few days I received a date to complete a phone interview. The phone interview focused on my work history. They also asked why do you want to work for Southwest. What did I know about the duties of the CSA. Why do I wanna work for Southwest.
    After that I was informed that I would be moving on to the face to the face. Had the face to face interview. Met with the woman from HR. Again, went over my application. She asked a few basic questions. Again, why do you wanna work for Southwest. Name a time you had to deal with a difficult person. It was a very laid back interview. After the face to face I was told I was moving on to the background and finger printing.
    Read all the interview questions on Glass door and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview a few weeks later. The recruiter seemed very uninterested and was completely monotone which made it difficult to express my excitement for the company and the position. I was told that I will be emailed in a couple weeks but received a generic "you are not being selected at this time" email the very next day. I'm extremely frustrated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for the position then 2 weeks later a recruiter emailed me to see if I was still interested in the position. After I agreed I completed the phone interview 2 days later. After the phone interview I was contacted a few days later letting me know I made it to the next step which is the f2f interview which is coming up. The recruiter was friendly and the questions were typical interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I filled out the application on line. Four weeks later I was called for for a phone interview. It lasted about 15 minutes. A few hours later I was called for a f2f interview for next week. I was interviewed by two people, they were very nice. The interview was very comfortable and friendly. Many questions. At the end they said they are going to do the background check/fingerprints and drug test in the next two weeks. So now waiting with a positive mind! I was very pleased with this experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Why we should hire you?
      Describe me a situation where you had to deal with an irate passenger and how you solved it.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Extensive employment and address history. Phone interview. Basic questions. Interviewer seemed distracted. Could tell she was sick and tired of doing the interviews. Was somewhat frustrating to hear the blaze nature of her tone. Said I would hear in a week if I made it to a f2f interview. I have heard and seen most seem to get f2f interview offer right away. Hope that's not always the case.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you gave good customer service.   1 Answer