Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.3

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

After receiving email for telephone interview...so excited! I had the telephone interview and it went well...so I thought. Appointment was made for 1X1 interview approximately 2 weeks later. Went for 1x1 interview & thought it also went well until I received email 6 days later....4 business days...saying I had not been selected for position. Very disappointing! Will continue to try.....really believe I would be great at this position and I really believe that my values go well with SWA values of providing Exceptional customer service and going the extra mile!

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your current job?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

I applied almost two months ago and I still haven't received any information. The application still says "received submission" under the status which is frustrating. I'm hoping they get back to me soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied via internet about 2 months ago and got an email to fill out employee history about 2 weeks ago. Iafter i filled out the employee history, i got a phone interview. I then advanced to getting a f2f interview which is tomorrow.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I was told phone interview would be approximately 10 minutes. The initial questions required a "yes" or "no" response. These questions included the hourly rate, working holidays and working mandatory overtime.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application on-line and had a phone interview a week and a half later. My rep went over my application with me, asked questions about jobs, and simple questions like why do I want to work for southwest, where do I see myself in 3 to 5 years, what do I know about the job. He told me that they would be in contact with me by the end of the week If I got a phone call it meant they wanted to move forward and if I got an email it meant they were not interested. With in an hour I got an email that stated that they wanted to move forward and it gave me a face to face interview day and time. I had my interview three days later at the airport. In the face to face interview they repeated the questions as to why I want to work at Southwest and where I see myself in 3 to 5 years with the company. They explained how lines can be long customers can be grumpy and the job is stressful and how do I handle those types of situations. They also made a point to go over my past jobs being part time and even though this is a part-time position the hours are more full-time and to make sure I could handle full-time. I did not feel like I convinced them that I have no problem working full-time. I tried but she seemed hesitant to believe me. The interview was very laid-back and friendly. They said I would hear from them within the next four weeks but I noticed that they invited some people to stay and fill out paperwork so I don't expect an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview a few weeks later. The recruiter seemed very uninterested and was completely monotone which made it difficult to express my excitement for the company and the position. I was told that I will be emailed in a couple weeks but received a generic "you are not being selected at this time" email the very next day. I'm extremely frustrated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for the position then 2 weeks later a recruiter emailed me to see if I was still interested in the position. After I agreed I completed the phone interview 2 days later. After the phone interview I was contacted a few days later letting me know I made it to the next step which is the f2f interview which is coming up. The recruiter was friendly and the questions were typical interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I filled out the application on line. Four weeks later I was called for for a phone interview. It lasted about 15 minutes. A few hours later I was called for a f2f interview for next week. I was interviewed by two people, they were very nice. The interview was very comfortable and friendly. Many questions. At the end they said they are going to do the background check/fingerprints and drug test in the next two weeks. So now waiting with a positive mind! I was very pleased with this experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Why we should hire you?
      Describe me a situation where you had to deal with an irate passenger and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted a application for a customer service agent position in Kansas city MO on 23rd Oct 2016. The process took approximately 4 weeks. I had a phone interview in November. The interview went well. The interviewing agent told me at the end of the interview that they would let me know soon about the results. She called the next day and stated that i was moving on to a f2f interview. I had a f2f on 18 Nov 2016. They asked general questions and at the end of the interview, they said they would either call me or email. No fingerprinting or drug test. Still haven't heard anything back. They stated it may take up to two weeks. Not holding my breath .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. A month later recevied a phone call for a short phone interview. Questions regarding my past work experience, customer service questions, and what the pay and hours would be. After that she invited me to come in for a interview the next day. When I got there it was only me and her, we went over my job experience again and more customer service questions. This is my 2nd interview with Southwest so I knew what to expect, and having customer service experience I answered the questions with no problem. After the interview she said she still has other interviews and I would find out either way it went. Judging from other peeople interviews on here and my own past interview I've learned that most likely that means a thanks but no thanks. Seems like if they want to hire you they go ahead with a background check and drug test that day. So I won't be holding my breath for that rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever delt with an upset customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question