Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application on-line and had a phone interview a week and a half later. My rep went over my application with me, asked questions about jobs, and simple questions like why do I want to work for southwest, where do I see myself in 3 to 5 years, what do I know about the job. He told me that they would be in contact with me by the end of the week If I got a phone call it meant they wanted to move forward and if I got an email it meant they were not interested. With in an hour I got an email that stated that they wanted to move forward and it gave me a face to face interview day and time. I had my interview three days later at the airport. In the face to face interview they repeated the questions as to why I want to work at Southwest and where I see myself in 3 to 5 years with the company. They explained how lines can be long customers can be grumpy and the job is stressful and how do I handle those types of situations. They also made a point to go over my past jobs being part time and even though this is a part-time position the hours are more full-time and to make sure I could handle full-time. I did not feel like I convinced them that I have no problem working full-time. I tried but she seemed hesitant to believe me. The interview was very laid-back and friendly. They said I would hear from them within the next four weeks but I noticed that they invited some people to stay and fill out paperwork so I don't expect an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Southwest?   Answer Question
  • Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview a few weeks later. The recruiter seemed very uninterested and was completely monotone which made it difficult to express my excitement for the company and the position. I was told that I will be emailed in a couple weeks but received a generic "you are not being selected at this time" email the very next day. I'm extremely frustrated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for the position then 2 weeks later a recruiter emailed me to see if I was still interested in the position. After I agreed I completed the phone interview 2 days later. After the phone interview I was contacted a few days later letting me know I made it to the next step which is the f2f interview which is coming up. The recruiter was friendly and the questions were typical interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I filled out the application on line. Four weeks later I was called for for a phone interview. It lasted about 15 minutes. A few hours later I was called for a f2f interview for next week. I was interviewed by two people, they were very nice. The interview was very comfortable and friendly. Many questions. At the end they said they are going to do the background check/fingerprints and drug test in the next two weeks. So now waiting with a positive mind! I was very pleased with this experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?
      Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Why we should hire you?
      Describe me a situation where you had to deal with an irate passenger and how you solved it.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted a application for a customer service agent position in Kansas city MO on 23rd Oct 2016. The process took approximately 4 weeks. I had a phone interview in November. The interview went well. The interviewing agent told me at the end of the interview that they would let me know soon about the results. She called the next day and stated that i was moving on to a f2f interview. I had a f2f on 18 Nov 2016. They asked general questions and at the end of the interview, they said they would either call me or email. No fingerprinting or drug test. Still haven't heard anything back. They stated it may take up to two weeks. Not holding my breath .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. A month later recevied a phone call for a short phone interview. Questions regarding my past work experience, customer service questions, and what the pay and hours would be. After that she invited me to come in for a interview the next day. When I got there it was only me and her, we went over my job experience again and more customer service questions. This is my 2nd interview with Southwest so I knew what to expect, and having customer service experience I answered the questions with no problem. After the interview she said she still has other interviews and I would find out either way it went. Judging from other peeople interviews on here and my own past interview I've learned that most likely that means a thanks but no thanks. Seems like if they want to hire you they go ahead with a background check and drug test that day. So I won't be holding my breath for that rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever delt with an upset customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied and received an email a week later for a phone interview.

Phone interview went well was offered a f2f interview. I received a confirmation email for my f2f, got an email to update my profile.
    Arrived an hour early I was greeted with smiling faces, took selfies lol great environment.
    Had a one on one interview asked basic interview questions was told I would hear something in 7-10 days so just waiting to see if I get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online the last week of July 2016 on the Southwest website. I got an email the end of August requesting that I complete an online form. Several hours after the e-mail I got a phone call from Nebraska from a woman confirming that I received the e-mail. She said that once I filled out the form online, that she would call me for a phone interview. I filled out the form the next morning and she called me about 5 days later and we scheduled a phone interview for 2 days after that. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. Her call was timely. She went over the job I was applying for..hours..pay...I confirmed that that was all great. She asked me about 4 questions that were easy and said that I would get an e-mail or a call regarding if I was moving forward for a face to face interview. She wasn't specific as to the time-frame that I would receive the call or email. I had the phone interview last Wednesday and it is Monday evening and I still haven't heard anything. I am optimistic however as I thought the phone interview when very well. She said that she had a couple days of phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the duties of the position?
      Where do I see myself in 3 to 5 years?
      Why do I want to work for Southwest?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied July got a Phone call in August, then had a F2F interview. The interview was very comfortable and friendly I felt as if I did a Wonderful job. The 2 women who interviewed me said they would let me know in 3-4 weeks whether or not I got the job! I'm very confident! We'll see what happens from there.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application online it took two weeks to get a response. I received an email and within 20 minutes a phone call from a recruiter asking if I could complete another application with additional information and submit it by midnight that night, and if I would be available the next morning for a 10-15 minute phone interview. I was very enthusiastic and excited that they were considering me. I submitted the application that night and in the morning received their phone call about 15 minutes early. The girl on the line spoke very fast and commented how she had many phone interviews to do that day. She basically flew through information letting me know what the job would pay, scheduling procedures, etc, asking me if I was fine with all of that. I could tell she was very rushed and wondered to myself if she was truly listening to what I had to say or just trying to get through her list of applicants as fast as possible.

Interview Questions

• What does a CSA do?
      Why do you want to work for SWA?
      Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
      Why should SWA hire you?