Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.4

98 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

they let unexperienced supervisors do the interviews

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

Negotiation

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Interview

They ask normal interview questions always smile make sure to talk about how important customer service is to you and the company. Questions asked, what do you know about southwest west? Why is customer service important?

Interview Questions

• Lots of customer service questions smile and be very bubbly   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is a union jobs raise every year starts ff around 10-12 depending on what city you live in

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview a few weeks later. The recruiter seemed very uninterested and was completely monotone which made it difficult to express my excitement for the company and the position. I was told that I will be emailed in a couple weeks but received a generic "you are not being selected at this time" email the very next day. I'm extremely frustrated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. A month later recevied a phone call for a short phone interview. Questions regarding my past work experience, customer service questions, and what the pay and hours would be. After that she invited me to come in for a interview the next day. When I got there it was only me and her, we went over my job experience again and more customer service questions. This is my 2nd interview with Southwest so I knew what to expect, and having customer service experience I answered the questions with no problem. After the interview she said she still has other interviews and I would find out either way it went. Judging from other peeople interviews on here and my own past interview I've learned that most likely that means a thanks but no thanks. Seems like if they want to hire you they go ahead with a background check and drug test that day. So I won't be holding my breath for that rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever delt with an upset customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

I applied almost two months ago and I still haven't received any information. The application still says "received submission" under the status which is frustrating. I'm hoping they get back to me soon.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

First, informal telephone interview. After that I was invited to a face to face interview. I was interviewed by two people and asked a series of questions. The whole interview process is very relaxed. We were laughing throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• What did I like most about my current job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I haven't gotten that far. They did tell me what the salary is, said someone will be flying in from Dallas to make an offer, and when they make the offer, whatever it is, I WILL TAKE IT.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a day later. They noticed my application and wanted to hold a phone interview, They had me come in for an interview a day later. They said they will let me know in a week if I'm chosen. I got an email the same day wanting me to go do a drug test. Two days I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest Airlines?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for there was a set hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, maybe a month later got an email asking to send resume and the best phone number to be reached at. The next morning I got a phone call with simple questions about my past work experience, why Southwest, and what do customer service agents do... I'm guessing to see if you know about the position you applied for. After that she said she would give me a call in a week to let me know because she had other interviews to do but to my surprise she called me back in a couple of hours to set up a F2F interview. The interview was for the following week and I had to bring my drivers license, social security card and GED. Was a one on one interview but there was the manager sitting in the room from the airport you would be working at. Was a little nervous because she didn't ask question but she looked at you the whole time while you answered questions. Once again simple questions like why Southwest, the time you had to deal with an angry customer, and the time you went out your way to help a co worker. She also went over my work experience again. Interview only lasted about 10mins, she then made copies of my papers and let me know either way if I got the job or not I would receive a email or a phone call letting me know. They held interviews the day before and would be doing it all day that day so nobody got a straight yes or no, its just a wait and see. Either a rejection email or a email asking you to come in for fingerprints and drug test. So now I just sit and wait and hope for the best. I want the job but so do 100s of other people. I have no idea how many people they want and what kinda people they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• I guess the only unexpected question was what was my weakness.. I had to really stop and think about it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Initially applied online -had a phone interview and days later a F2F, with the same recruiter. The F2F interview basically wanted to know how your previous exp related to interetest position. Your personality MUST be fitting w/ SWA! They are all about persnality and fun atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were hard! Or unexpected! At all.. just asked specifics about tell me about a time when, customer is not satisfied, what would you do type of questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, it's was already learned upon the phone interview.