Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick once it got started. I received a phone call from a recruiter in December asking to schedule a time to do a phone interview. About a week later I did the phone interview and I was told I would receive a call back if they were interested in moving me forward to the next process. I received the call back about 3 days later to schedule a face to face interview. (This part of the process took about 10 days).

I was offered the position during the interview, but had to do a background/drug test before any official offer could be made.

Always have a positive attitude from start to finish. Even after you get the job!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Southwest?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Dec. 12, phone interview Dec. 14, F2F scheduled for Dec 15.

Turned down offer to drive to Washington DC for F2F interview. Starting pay is $13/hr which is not enough for me to be able to relocate, unfortunately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. A month later recevied a phone call for a short phone interview. Questions regarding my past work experience, customer service questions, and what the pay and hours would be. After that she invited me to come in for a interview the next day. When I got there it was only me and her, we went over my job experience again and more customer service questions. This is my 2nd interview with Southwest so I knew what to expect, and having customer service experience I answered the questions with no problem. After the interview she said she still has other interviews and I would find out either way it went. Judging from other peeople interviews on here and my own past interview I've learned that most likely that means a thanks but no thanks. Seems like if they want to hire you they go ahead with a background check and drug test that day. So I won't be holding my breath for that rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever delt with an upset customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Very simple process. I submitted my application online. Within a few days I received a date to complete a phone interview. The phone interview focused on my work history. They also asked why do you want to work for Southwest. What did I know about the duties of the CSA. Why do I wanna work for Southwest.
    After that I was informed that I would be moving on to the face to the face. Had the face to face interview. Met with the woman from HR. Again, went over my application. She asked a few basic questions. Again, why do you wanna work for Southwest. Name a time you had to deal with a difficult person. It was a very laid back interview. After the face to face I was told I was moving on to the background and finger printing.
    Read all the interview questions on Glass door and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Customer Service Agent position Sept. 4, 2016. On Sept. 9, 2016, I received a phone call to set up a phone interview, which I scheduled for the following Monday the 12th. The recruiter was VERY friendly and was extremely helpful with everything. After the phone interview, which was about 10mins, she asked me to do a f2f interview on Oct. 5th. The f2f was with an HR rep and a cust. service rep from my airport, DEN. It lasted maybe 45 minutes and they offered me the position. I did my fingerprints and filled out background check info that same day, drug testing was scheduled for the next day, Oct. 6th. They told me the background check is extensive and can take 2-4wks, and not to get discouraged. On Nov. 11th, they formally offered my the position and I start on Dec. 15th :) would've been sooner but I have a vacation planned that would've interfered with an earlier start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Kansas City, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I submitted a application for a customer service agent position in Kansas city MO on 23rd Oct 2016. The process took approximately 4 weeks. I had a phone interview in November. The interview went well. The interviewing agent told me at the end of the interview that they would let me know soon about the results. She called the next day and stated that i was moving on to a f2f interview. I had a f2f on 18 Nov 2016. They asked general questions and at the end of the interview, they said they would either call me or email. No fingerprinting or drug test. Still haven't heard anything back. They stated it may take up to two weeks. Not holding my breath .

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online and was called for a phone interview a few weeks later. The recruiter seemed very uninterested and was completely monotone which made it difficult to express my excitement for the company and the position. I was told that I will be emailed in a couple weeks but received a generic "you are not being selected at this time" email the very next day. I'm extremely frustrated.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Extensive employment and address history. Phone interview. Basic questions. Interviewer seemed distracted. Could tell she was sick and tired of doing the interviews. Was somewhat frustrating to hear the blaze nature of her tone. Said I would hear in a week if I made it to a f2f interview. I have heard and seen most seem to get f2f interview offer right away. Hope that's not always the case.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you gave good customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for the position then 2 weeks later a recruiter emailed me to see if I was still interested in the position. After I agreed I completed the phone interview 2 days later. After the phone interview I was contacted a few days later letting me know I made it to the next step which is the f2f interview which is coming up. The recruiter was friendly and the questions were typical interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hallandale Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Hallandale Beach, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

I've applied to be a CSA -Part-Time with Southwest and they've called me about 1 week later. I guess they're looking for employees for the holidays because I know it usually takes longer. When they called, about 5 days later they scheduled a phone interview. I'm not lying, it was tough but pretty much the same questions you see here on glass door they asked. I'd recommend running through them. The interviewer said she'd let me know within 1 week if I'm the fit.