Southwest Airlines Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

1.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

After submitting your application and it has been accepted you will receive a phone call asking for a phone interview if you pass the phone interview then you will get another email or phone call requesting a face-to-face interview .

Interview Questions

• The type of questions asked are questions that any company willing to hire would ask   Answer Question
  • The position I was applying for a was for customer service so the questions were geared around customer service questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall interview process was simple, but complex. I am well qualified, but I'm assuming since i listed the college I currently attend, I was automatically dinged. I don't think its fair, but I'll try with another airline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The recruiter put me at ease as well talked about my career direction. The interview questions are centered around job qualifications and insight on team collaboration. I appreciated the chance to ask questions in return about the environment and culture of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Waited about 2 hours after scheduled time (hiring event) interview took about 1 hour. After, she indiscreetly said "not to use the restroom" was thinking they would have me do a drug test? She had me take a seat and 5 min or so later came back and basically said "we will contact you after running background check (4-6 weeks), good luck, was so nice chatting and getting to know you" and walked me to the door. Thought it was kind of strange, interview went really well but maybe being out of the work force for over 10 yrs. (to raise my son) was an issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in July and finally heard from them the last week of August. The phone interview was very brief. My interview was with one person and lasted about 30 minutes. I then had my fingerprints taken and a drug test. I haven't heard from them since. No was told the next class started October 19th.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied online via Southwest website. Recruiter contacted me for an unscheduled brief phone interview. During phone interview: I was asked about call center experience, informed of salary starting at $10.80hr + union dues and work hours-schedule varies between 5:00AM-3:00AM, shifts based on seniority. Face to face interview scheduled. During in person interview: asked about handling irate customers, how I build rapport with co-workers, handle constructive criticism, multi tasking, delivering bad news to customer. Offered position immediately following interview, drug test, extensive background check with 10 years work experience. Background check lasted 2 weeks before job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe situation where you had to deliver bad news and how did you satisfy customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate due to union base starting pay. Benefits offered are good parents and dependents fly free on standby, overtime paid at time and 1/2 only if required by supervisor. Regular hourly salary paid if overtime consists of picking up co-worker shift. Responsible for cost of headset $50.00.