Southwest Airlines Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Customer Service Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The recruiter put me at ease as well talked about my career direction. The interview questions are centered around job qualifications and insight on team collaboration. I appreciated the chance to ask questions in return about the environment and culture of the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Waited about 2 hours after scheduled time (hiring event) interview took about 1 hour. After, she indiscreetly said "not to use the restroom" was thinking they would have me do a drug test? She had me take a seat and 5 min or so later came back and basically said "we will contact you after running background check (4-6 weeks), good luck, was so nice chatting and getting to know you" and walked me to the door. Thought it was kind of strange, interview went really well but maybe being out of the work force for over 10 yrs. (to raise my son) was an issue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied in July and finally heard from them the last week of August. The phone interview was very brief. My interview was with one person and lasted about 30 minutes. I then had my fingerprints taken and a drug test. I haven't heard from them since. No was told the next class started October 19th.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied online via Southwest website. Recruiter contacted me for an unscheduled brief phone interview. During phone interview: I was asked about call center experience, informed of salary starting at $10.80hr + union dues and work hours-schedule varies between 5:00AM-3:00AM, shifts based on seniority. Face to face interview scheduled. During in person interview: asked about handling irate customers, how I build rapport with co-workers, handle constructive criticism, multi tasking, delivering bad news to customer. Offered position immediately following interview, drug test, extensive background check with 10 years work experience. Background check lasted 2 weeks before job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe situation where you had to deliver bad news and how did you satisfy customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate due to union base starting pay. Benefits offered are good parents and dependents fly free on standby, overtime paid at time and 1/2 only if required by supervisor. Regular hourly salary paid if overtime consists of picking up co-worker shift. Responsible for cost of headset $50.00.