Southwest Airlines Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.5

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

F2F Interview went well. Awaiting a hopeful job offer. Been 2 weeks today. Job is showing under review. Very relaxed interview. I was told I would hear from them either way in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was very easy and quick !!! They ask you basic questions about customer Service and working in call center . They gave us a tour then we went into a room to wait for our name to be called for interview ! Once that's done they took my to the next step and did paperwork and finger prints .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Sent application online the day it was posted. never heard anything back after it. i work at the airport and ended up seeing a bunch of other people offered the interview that were much older than me. maybe its my age but oh well...

Interview Questions

• basic questions you'll see online for every interview of how you'll change the company and such   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Customer Service Rep position for the Atlanta location on 10/2/2016 and did not get my phone interview until 12/1/2016. I completely over thought the phone interview, because it was a complete breeze. I was invited to do a face to face interview on tomorrow 12/8/2016 and was told training may not begin until late January. I am super elated to even be consider so wish me luck.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Rey thorough interview labeled as a 1x1 but actually conducted with 2 people at once. Made it very comfortable, didnt feel like an interrogation. Know your resume and work history. There were a lot of past experience questions and how you dealt with certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What does Hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very friendly. Before we were individually called for our interviews (we were called by who arrived first) we all sat in a room where an employee described the environment of Southwest, the job, and answered questions. Everyone was extremely polite and friendly. I was interviews by 2 people in a very relaxed environment (inside someone's cubicle). The interviewer's were very relaxed and made some jokes. It helped me with my nervousness. I was moved onto the next step of the interview and was directed into another room for my fingerprints & then drug tested. It was quite a long process, but well worth it.
    Applied: 10/29
    Face to Face Interview: 11/16
    Job offer: 12/13

Interview Questions

• Name a time I had a conflict with a coworker/superior and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process is over the phone from a third party eg Aerotek but they introduce themselves as Southwest but the caller id on the phone is another company. He was not what I expect to hear from who would you feel at is.

Interview Questions

• The questions were at least 5 questions at the most   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy; Sat in a room first with other candidates. Everyone told a little about themselves. Made you feel very comfortable. You have to be very careful when listing your past jobs. If they don't match up, you'll fail the background check

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 5 years? Standard customer service questions. None were considered hard.   1 Answer

Negotiation

My overall experience was good.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Antonio, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The only thing I had "difficulty" with was listing the correct dates on my 10 year prior work history. Someone called me several times trying to figure out the correct dates which put me in jeopardy of getting the job I was scared, but I got it. What I did not know was that they can only "look into" the jobs you list so don't worry about listing all of them if you're someone like me who has had numerous jobs.
    Phone interview with recruiter.
    In person interview in San Antonio at the call center.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest?
      Name a time when you dealt with an angry customer.
      ...when you didn't agree with a coworker.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

My recruiter was awesome & friendly. She went over everything such as resume & background info etc. & she explained to me about job requirements, salary, training etc.

Applied 2 months ago & barey this month (June) I received an email to fill out the inform. Form there I did a phone interview. & was told I will be going to the face to face coming up in one week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer