Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.8

292 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first informed in August that I was moving through the hiring process. I applied online. Didn't hear back until July. Interviewed over the phone, then got a call that week that I'd be flown out to Dallas. I'm in Dallas now, so we will see.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? Is the pay okay? Are you okay with a non traditional schedule?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer
    • What do you think is the biggest challenge of flight attendants?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on 9/16/16 by a referral of a SW employee. I immediately received an email the next day saying they had received my application and and would contact me as soon as they could. In December or January I received another email saying I needed to fill out a questionnaire. I filled it out and just heard back from them on 6/7/17 for a phone interview on 6/9/17. I just completed my phone interview which was very nerve wrecking. The interviewer Ishmal was very nice and courteous. He told me that I would be hearing back from him soon. He said that they were currently in a 2-3 week wait for call backs for a f2f if I was chosen or I would get an email stating that I was not chosen. I put no offer as I have no yet been accepted or declined. Will update once I find out.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied in Aug 2016. Received call for phone interview end of May 2017. Had f2f beginning of June 2017. Received CJO day after f2f. Waiting for class (hopefully the one in October 2017)...It's a long process as they have a ton of applications to get through, so patience is required.

Preparing for all the questions people have already listed on here really helped. There was just the one I posted I didn't expect, but I managed to still give a great answer. The most important thing is to just be yourself. They really try to make you feel comfortable during the interviews, so they can really get to know you, and see if you're a great fit for the job :)

Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for the coordinator position in March and was contacted in May about a phone interview. I was asked to do an in-person interview in June. SW paid for my flight to Dallas, TX. The interview went good and felt very comfortable. Then a few days later I was offered the job. Unfortunately, since the interview process took so long I was not able to accept the position because I had already moved.

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A week after applying you get a phone call from a recruiter asking you several questions they were given with specific answers referring to general aircraft maintenance

You then receive a call from the manager of the station you are applying to for more questions and a sense of your personality.

You then go in for a face to face interview with several managers and an HR representative. The environment is very relaxed and they want to know how well you can interact and fit in with the group.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions...what would you do...what if's   1 Answer

Flight Simulator Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job (which was listed as Flight Simulator Engineer) through LinkedIn. I received an email from a recruiter at Southwest the next day inviting me to formally apply on their careers website. I did this, and two days later was called to schedule an in-person interview. Southwest flew me to Dallas for the interview. The People Department at Southwest took a set of my fingerprints prior to the interview. I interviewed with two teams: one comprised of the flight simulation leadership team, and one comprised of the technical team. The entire interview lasted approximately 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Southwest Airlines?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 months. I applied online and about two months later I got call to set up a phone interview. The interview was easy, recruiters make sure you are comfortable and have the time to talk about yourself. After the phone interview (which lasted around 30 minutes), I received another call for an in person interview at Southwest Airlines HQ. The recruiters asked about past work and how you fit in Southwest Airline's culture. About two weeks later, I got a call back for an offer.

Airport Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiter
    In person Interview with Recruiter and Member of Airport Affairs Department

the best interviewing process I have ever had with a company! They are so great and actually give you feedback after the interview when they tell you their decision.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of working with a group to working individually where would you rank yourself on that scale?   Answer Question

Security Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Everyone was so friendly! Interview process was seamless. I didn't get the job but I was still very impressed with the company and the interview process. Be prepared to be patient on the answer after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does security mean to you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for the summer 2017 internship and was notified that I did not get it. Four months later I was contacted by a campus recruiter asking for my resume and updated portfolio and if I was interested in the same internship but for the fall. Fours hours after I sent her this, the recruiter asked if I want to do a phone interview and at the end of my phone interview asked me to come down to Dallas for an in person interview. I was interviewed by the campus recruiter and three other individuals from the department I was applying for. They asked basic behavioral questions and had me walk the through my portfolio. Four hours after my interview they called to offer me the internship.