Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

When I arrived (be early), there was a gentleman who greeted me. He was an Ops. Agent, and asked if I had any questions about this job. It was good to talk to him while I waited for the interview (I had a very short wait). There was not a room full of people waiting with me for interviews (that was nice).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having to talk to a very overweight person who would have to buy a second seat because of their size and inability to fit into regular seating?   1 Answer

Ramp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a scheduled phone interview for 11AM, I work a full time job Leasing homes, so I stepped out to wait for the call. At 11:04am I had to go back to help someone. Emily called at 11:05AM and left a message. I called right back and was sent to voicemail twice.
    Then approximately 3 hours later she's calls when I started lunch but told me she was unable to conduct the screening and would have to reschedule.
    On the reschedule day she called and as I reached the phone hung up, again calling right back and being sent to voicemail she sends an e-mail saying "sorry, try again with Southwest later".

As a former Healthcare Recruiter, hire better contractors or get Full-time staff who actually have the values of you company and not just a warm body. Recruiters have to be flexible to candidate schedules because people work. There is no resin that if I call right back I should go to voicemail. Candidates have to walk off the work floor or find an open office etc.

Interview Questions

• Didn't get to answer any questions due to the Recruiter-Emily Mengert being disorganized.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me 2 weeks later and scheduled a phone interview. Then, I went to their office for a in person interview. Once that was done, the background check followed including the employment verification, criminal background check and a drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Online test, then a 15 minute phone interview. Final interview was hurried as if I was bothering interviewer and she was late for lunch. Dismissive, impersonal interview. Ops Agent was in interview as well, "helping". I think she said 9 words. Very unsatisfying interview. Ding Email arrived on Thanksgiving. Stay classy Southwest.

Interview Questions

• Same CSR questions as everywhere else.. name a time something went wrong, how did you handle it.. etc etc.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

This was a phone interview, mostly verifying application information, and a few easy questions. Nothing hard to answer. Very straight forward. Took about 20 minutes. Still haven't heard back from them... still pending.

Interview Questions

• Describe an incident where you had to deal with an escalated problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process both by the over the phone recruiter and face to face recruiter in Denver was great. However, SWA has people in the HR (The People Department) that are contractors and these people go over the background check that was performed. There is a CONTRACTOR either in the SWA office or somewhere else named Taylor Privitt. This is the biggest jerk i have ever had to talk to . You talk to all these awesome people with SWA and then this guy gets you on the phone and really, the word jerk, is an understatement. In fact, it still amazes me that this person is allowed to work for such an upbeat company. Be careful what boxes you check on an application. I was retired from the FAA for 18 months, had a sole proprietorship business to keep busy WHEN I WANTED TO and this piece of work, really thinks he is doing the airline a favor, has NO intentions of listening to you whatsoever. I checked FULL TIME because I did it full time, which is when I wanted to. But these people can't wrap their head around anything but a standard definition of full time hours, and apply it as THEY see fit, not how the law reads.

The best thing about all of this, I didn't get a job at SWA for $13/hour.. I'm still working at my current employer for $25/hour plus my pension from the FAA so I'm making probably 3x what this idiot makes. I thought it would be great to work for them, and I still do. But the problem is with a contractor (who has barely any background in any type of personnel structure or dealing with people that have already had a career.. just look at his Linkedin account)... And to top it off, the recruiter even ordered up the drug test that I took.. I have a clean background check and no one there can be truthful as to why i didn't get an offer, after being GRILLED by this contractor who has no personal skills whatsoever. So if you get lucky to get far enough and then have the above named handle your application, chances are he is doing EVERYTHING HE POSSIBLY CAN to make sure you don't get a job.

I rated the overall great because everyone I dealt with that was with SWA was awesome! It was a CONTRACTOR that sucked!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that had to be bumped off a flight and rebooked?   1 Answer

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by invite for FTF. Offered job on the spot at FTF. Interviewer seemed eager to just fill the position. Did require a drug test and background test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Southwest?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Was told the position they were hiring, the salary, willingness to do shift work and mandatory overtime and asked if I was in agreement with these terms. The interviewer was not engaging and did not add to the conversation. She sounded disinterested and hurried through the questions she was asking. I knew she was going through the motions. It was frustrating because I got a form email 3 days later saying..."SWA is fortunate to get many qualified applicants, blah, blah, blah". I would rock a face to face interview, but never got the chance.

Interview Questions

• Name a customer service problem and how you solved it?   Answer Question
    • What are the duties of a SWA customer service representative?   Answer Question

Southwest Airlines Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Specialist

Thank you for providing feedback from your interview. We spend an inordinate amount of time on hiring to ensure we are hiring those who share our values. We definitely understand in-person interviews... More

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter through Southwest Airlines website. I received a call about a week later and was asked to fill out paper work via an email that was sent. I had two days to complete, which I did. After that, I received another call asking me to interview in Denver. That interview was very laid back....but quick. At the end, I had another bit of paperwork to fill out, got fingerprinted, then told to get a drug test at another facility as soon as possible. After all of that was done, it took about two to three weeks before I got a call telling me that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?
      What skills from your previous job would help you with this one?
      What are your career aspirations?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Denver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Excellenct process. Telephone interview recruiter was friendly and easy to speak with. Approachable recruiters that put you at ease throughout the one on one interview. Everybody looks happy and really seem to enjoy their jobs. Excited to work for such a great company

Interview Questions

• What would you like to see Southwest do for you in the future   1 Answer