Southwest Airlines Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I was initially approached by Southwest to become an Employee through my relationship that I had working for a vendor of Southwest. When I was brought in to interview, it lasted about half a day, and included interviews with the VP for whom I would be working, the VP of the People Department, and 2 other directors in my department. All in all it was a positive experience, and very non-threatening.

One of the things that was not ever shared with me through the process, however, was the impact of not starting until after January 1. You see, things like profit sharing are awarded to those who are Employees as of December 31. I started the first week in January, and missed an entire year's worth of profit sharing (and at the time Southwest was giving double-digit profit sharing) because I was not informed or told about that caveat.

Interview Questions

• The most complicated question was providing an example of when I had something go horribly wrong, and what I did I do in response.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not have much ability to negotiate. I was unable to get any type of pay raise with the new position and was told that my current salary was the best they could do.