Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.6

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter was a breeze. Just be honest & be yourself.
Mostly the type of questions you would expect about yourself, your experiences & how you handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you went above & beyond for someone
    Tell about an emergency situation & how you handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I'm going to describe the f2f. Southwest called me on a Sunday night and told me my interview was to be the following Thursday. Fortunately I had my suit, shoes and everything ready to go. I got there the night before so I'd be refreshed the next day. I got there are put my luggage on a storage closet as I was planning on going to DAL right after the interview. First thing I did was get fingerprinted. Then I greeted and spoke with all the other candidates. After a bit, the 4 interviewers called us into a conference room. There were were briefed about the job and company. After that each one of us were called in a separate room to be interviewed. I had 2 interviewers. One asked the questions while other observed. It was an intense interview that lasted almost an hour. After that I was asked to climb through this mock emergency door exit, walked through a row of chairs that simulated an aisle and sit in a jump seat and connect/disconnect a seat belt. Then that was it. I got th CJO by phone about a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Group setting phone call interview to begin with. Once you passed the phone interview invited to a group interview. Group interview you are asked additional questions went to in Phoenix az. Not hired

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with an angry customer.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first informed in August that I was moving through the hiring process. I applied online. Didn't hear back until July. Interviewed over the phone, then got a call that week that I'd be flown out to Dallas. I'm in Dallas now, so we will see.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? Is the pay okay? Are you okay with a non traditional schedule?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer
    • What do you think is the biggest challenge of flight attendants?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview - Applied Aug 2016 and had my telephone interview June 2017. Recruiter could not have been any nicer. I would not say it was casual but she lead the conversation so that I didn't feel extremely nervous but I can say that I was.

Many yes and no questions to start off with. Then to the meat of the interview. She took many notes. At the end of the interview, she told me that I had passed and that next step of going to Dallas with happen within the next month. The telephone interview was on Friday and I was called on Monday to say that the following Tuesday I would be in Dallas for my F2F. Well it's Tuesday and I am on the plane. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Why SWA?   1 Answer
    • Biggest emergency situation you have ever been in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on 9/16/16 by a referral of a SW employee. I immediately received an email the next day saying they had received my application and and would contact me as soon as they could. In December or January I received another email saying I needed to fill out a questionnaire. I filled it out and just heard back from them on 6/7/17 for a phone interview on 6/9/17. I just completed my phone interview which was very nerve wrecking. The interviewer Ishmal was very nice and courteous. He told me that I would be hearing back from him soon. He said that they were currently in a 2-3 week wait for call backs for a f2f if I was chosen or I would get an email stating that I was not chosen. I put no offer as I have no yet been accepted or declined. Will update once I find out.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Flight Attendant position with Southwest Airlines online in August 2016. I received a few emails/calls regarding the phone interview at the beginning of June 2017. Be sure to regularly check your spam/junk folder, as I located some of these important emails there! Also, when the recruiter called initially, she did not leave a message. So, if you have any missed calls, it could be them. The recruiter and I made contact on June 6 and my phone interview was scheduled for June 19. I was asked to complete and submit a form online, as well. She called promptly on the day of the interview and proceeded to ask several yes/no questions, such as are you willing to relocate or commute and do you have any visible tattoos. She also went over some disclaimers and information about the job; i.e.: salary, hours, bases, etc. She then went into the interview questions which I will list (some of them I found here on Glassdoor, which was helpful.) I answered the questions as best as I could for being nervous and not having interviewed in over a decade. Once the questioning was complete, she informed me she needed to get with her co-worker to go over the results of the interviews they were conducting and she would call or email to let me know by the 21st. I received a generated email that Wednesday stating I had not been selected to move forward in the hiring process. I was disappointed, as I had hoped to have a chance to redeem myself at the face to face, but am grateful to have been given the opportunity to phone interview. Now, I must wait a year in order to reapply for the position. In the meantime, I hope that in sharing my experience, I might be able to help others and give them a heads up.

Interview Questions

• What do you remember about the job description when you applied? What are some of the responsibilities of a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an emergency situation. How did you handle it? (Can be non-work related.)   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the biggest challenge of being a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Applied back in September of 2016. Received emails from time to time asking to update the application. Finally got an email to set up a phone interview. Waiting now to see if I get the F2F interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Aransas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Port Aransas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online August 2016. I was finally asked to do a phone interview in June of 2017. After you first apply, you will receive an email either telling you that you were not selected, or an email having you answer yes or no questions, like if you're legal to work in the United States etc. If you get this email, you WILL get a phone interview! My mother is a flight attendant for Southwest (worked there 30 years) along with numerous other family members of mine. They all helped me prep for the phone interview. I answered every single question perfectly, and was not selected for the face to face. I emailed the lady who cut me to ask why, and she would not tell me. She actually ignored my first email, but I emailed her again. I'm still heartbroken and devastated. I'm very confused as to why I did not get this job, I have a bachelor's degree, 3 years of customer service, no criminal background, and had a perfect answer to every question. The interviewer even told me I knocked one question out of the park. What I'm most upset about is having no idea as to why. I wasted an entire year praying over this job, and the recruiter wouldn't even give me a reason.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied in Aug 2016. Received call for phone interview end of May 2017. Had f2f beginning of June 2017. Received CJO day after f2f. Waiting for class (hopefully the one in October 2017)...It's a long process as they have a ton of applications to get through, so patience is required.

Preparing for all the questions people have already listed on here really helped. There was just the one I posted I didn't expect, but I managed to still give a great answer. The most important thing is to just be yourself. They really try to make you feel comfortable during the interviews, so they can really get to know you, and see if you're a great fit for the job :)