Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Oct 26, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online then a week later I did a phone interview. About 3 days after that I received a phone call telling me I'm moving foward in the hiring process which is the F2F which was a week after that. The face to face was easy as long as smile and on your game you'll get the Job. I was told at the f2f that I'll be moving foward again in the process which was the finger printing and Drug test that was done on the same day. Also did my badging app the same day.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screen and was invited to a super day, did not attend super day due to scheduling conflict, but it was an easy interview and it was unfortunate I did not get to attend.

Interview Questions

• Why the airline industry and more specifically why us?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent (Part Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, about 2 weeks later (typical) got forms emailed to me to complete. The forms are just a more detailed application. Got a phone interview, after which I was told there were more candidates, yada yada. By that time, I knew I probably didn't get it just by looking on this site beforehand; they typically offer a face-to-face at the end if you passed the screen. Oh well, I just applied again. Southwest is still the best.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest (over any other job)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was only able to receive a phone interview for the Ramp Agent position. I didn't get a vibe or feel that the position was right for me since I have 9 years of customer service. The reciter basically wanted to know am I physically enhance to take on the position and will I be willing to do mandatory overtime for a very low asking price. I felt when the salary was discuss and mentioned the interview went downwards and had awkward pauses after I honestly answered the question. The interview was approximately 15 minutes. I do hope for any further positions to help with salary and working with customer service.

Interview Questions

• What do you phsically? Or how do you go toward exercising?
      What made you choose Southwest?
      Are you ok with Mandatory overtime?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

First I did a phone interview then after the we finish the interview she set me up for a face to face. I was interviewed by two managers,...The interview was pretty straight forward asking questions and looking for positive answers. Mostly they are examining your personality so remember to show lots and be ready to answer why you chose southwest and what you did prior to pursuing Southwest.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work in a group to resolve an issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negation phase more like take it or leave it...

Ramp Agent - HOU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I revevied a call from a recruiter in PHX, he like what I said about SWA and why I want to work for SWA. Later, recevied an email to attend a face to face interview at HOU. Interview went well, with two people. One with an HR Rep. and another with a Ramp Supervisor. Interview went well, both shocked on what I know about aviation. Before leaving, she did say it is a long process, this Friday will be two weeks. Hopfully I will recevie some good news and move forward with the SWA process. Anyone has info on the hiring process...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and then about 5 days later I get an unexpected phone call from them. Just like that I had a phone interview on my hands. A week goes by and a recruiter finally contacts me and sets up a face to face interview. I honestly think it went very good and smooth....we hsraed some laughs and I tried showing them I'm good to work with and down to earth.

I'm now currently waiting to see if I made it any further.....the recruiter has gone on a 2 week vacation (for the holidays), so if anything I may hear until January 2, 2014.....which makes sense because she did say if I get the position that I would get started in mid-January. (Hence giving me a 2 week notice chance)....but I'll have to wait and see.

Interview Questions

• From all the airlines available to work in, why Southwest?   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I submit my application online two months latter they call me and give me a phone interview then one week latter i went to the southwest headquarters to take a skills test after pass the test they fly me to the face to face interview , the interview was really hard because was infront 3 Sw maintenance managers and 1 HR guy

Interview Questions

• They ask me alot of technical cuestions about the 737 flap system and 717 landing gear   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

You will start off with a phone interview with a recruiter. Very simple and ask basic's of the job you are applying for. Then will move onto group interview. My interview had 3 people in it. Also pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-Negotiable.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. Filled out an online application, and received a call from an internal recruiter for a phone screening which lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewer asked standard questions about my work background and explained the basics of the job requirements. While still on the phone with me she asked me if I would be available for an in-person interview the following week.

The in person interview was with the station manager and two recruiters. They all asked standard questions about my background and work experience. They asked for lots of stories and examples of previous times you've solved a problem creatively, or dealt with an unhappy customer.

I think the most important thing to remember when interviewing for this position is to make sure you show your outgoing and fun personality. I know that interviewers disqualify people based on this. The culture at SWA is very important to the company, so make sure you prepare some fun/funny stories to impress on that end.

After the panel interview I went a couple weeks without hearing back, but was finally asked to fly to Dallas to be fingerprinted and have a drug screen at a local screening place.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview with no difficult questions, just be prepared with stories of past customer service experiences and be a bit bubbly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Union position, so you are on a standard pay scale. To start was $11.50 if I remember right.