Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.5

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied a short time ago, and received an email two days ago followed by a call. This was to confirm my phone interview! Im soexcited! Does anyone knows the next steps after this?

Interview Questions

• Are you free for a phone interview?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online then a week later I did a phone interview. About 3 days after that I received a phone call telling me I'm moving foward in the hiring process which is the F2F which was a week after that. The face to face was easy as long as smile and on your game you'll get the Job. I was told at the f2f that I'll be moving foward again in the process which was the finger printing and Drug test that was done on the same day. Also did my badging app the same day.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone screen and was invited to a super day, did not attend super day due to scheduling conflict, but it was an easy interview and it was unfortunate I did not get to attend.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Took about 3 weeks for them to call me once I rev the call and pass the phone interview than I got setup for a face to face interview around 2 weeks and than I got sent to Dallas for 6 weeks training and pass.

Ramp Agent (Part Time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online, about 2 weeks later (typical) got forms emailed to me to complete. The forms are just a more detailed application. Got a phone interview, after which I was told there were more candidates, yada yada. By that time, I knew I probably didn't get it just by looking on this site beforehand; they typically offer a face-to-face at the end if you passed the screen. Oh well, I just applied again. Southwest is still the best.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest (over any other job)?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was only able to receive a phone interview for the Ramp Agent position. I didn't get a vibe or feel that the position was right for me since I have 9 years of customer service. The reciter basically wanted to know am I physically enhance to take on the position and will I be willing to do mandatory overtime for a very low asking price. I felt when the salary was discuss and mentioned the interview went downwards and had awkward pauses after I honestly answered the question. The interview was approximately 15 minutes. I do hope for any further positions to help with salary and working with customer service.

Interview Questions

• What do you phsically? Or how do you go toward exercising?
      What made you choose Southwest?
      Are you ok with Mandatory overtime?   Answer Question

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a very comfortable interview and quick. It was two people interviewing me in a office room asking my multiple of question's. Although I am a current employee, the interviewer's wanted to see what I knew about the new department and see how interested that I was in it.

Interview Questions

• How would you like to be treated?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

First I did a phone interview then after the we finish the interview she set me up for a face to face. I was interviewed by two managers,...The interview was pretty straight forward asking questions and looking for positive answers. Mostly they are examining your personality so remember to show lots and be ready to answer why you chose southwest and what you did prior to pursuing Southwest.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work in a group to resolve an issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negation phase more like take it or leave it...

Ramp Agent - HOU Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I revevied a call from a recruiter in PHX, he like what I said about SWA and why I want to work for SWA. Later, recevied an email to attend a face to face interview at HOU. Interview went well, with two people. One with an HR Rep. and another with a Ramp Supervisor. Interview went well, both shocked on what I know about aviation. Before leaving, she did say it is a long process, this Friday will be two weeks. Hopfully I will recevie some good news and move forward with the SWA process. Anyone has info on the hiring process...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online and then about 5 days later I get an unexpected phone call from them. Just like that I had a phone interview on my hands. A week goes by and a recruiter finally contacts me and sets up a face to face interview. I honestly think it went very good and smooth....we hsraed some laughs and I tried showing them I'm good to work with and down to earth.

I'm now currently waiting to see if I made it any further.....the recruiter has gone on a 2 week vacation (for the holidays), so if anything I may hear until January 2, 2014.....which makes sense because she did say if I get the position that I would get started in mid-January. (Hence giving me a 2 week notice chance)....but I'll have to wait and see.

Interview Questions

• From all the airlines available to work in, why Southwest?   Answer Question